• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Fiona is for sale

bosco01xj

NAXJA Forum User
I just accepted a new job and we are looking to move into another subdivision in Middle Tennessee. With this plus a 10 month old, I do not have the time for this hobby like I used to. Here is my craigslist Ad. I'd love to get 5K for this if I could.

http://nashville.craigslist.org/cto/4965084080.html

Mods, please move this to the for sale area. I didn't realize I put it in the regular forum.

No longer for sale. Please remove.

Did you sell it or did you change your mind and decide to keep it?

Well, I'm in no hurry to get rid of it now. We decided to take several months and save up. There is one guy that is interested but I'm not sure how that will play out. If it doesn't work out then I'm holding on to her.

Back on the market. It's been sitting in my driveway since the beginning of the year. Unfortunately I don't have the time for this hobby like I used to. Here are the specs. $3500. 1997 XJ.

The good
4.0 I6
NP 231 transfer case w/sye
Dana 30 w/ Aussie Locker
Ford 8.8 w/ Aussie Locker
4.10 Gears
IRO Long Arms
Shackle relocation brackets
37" Goodyear MTR w/full spare
Trailworthy Fab rock rings on 16.5" wheels
Custom front bumper
XRC 8 Winch w/ synthetic rope
LEDs
Detours tailbone minus the tire carrier (carrier will not hold a 37" tire anyway)

The bad
Transmission will buck occasionally driving over 60mph. Maybe a bad tps? I haven't looked too far into this issue.
CEL is on. I have not had the code read but believe it may be due to no downstream O2 sensor. I replaced the upstream but have not yet replaced the downstream.
NSS has been bypassed by PO. Stated the switch was destroyed inside. I have not looked into it.

The Ugly
The hood was oxidizing nicely so I spray painted it flat black.
The rear bumper is gloss black as it came from my previous 01 xj since it was already cut to accept the backbone brackets
Oxidation on the roof.
Rust on the rockers

If you have any specific questions please fee free to ask. I'm asking $3500.

IMG_20150215_154926860_HDR_zpsltzf57oo.jpg

Last edited:
OBO also guys. This thing is just sitting in my driveway. The tires and wheels alone are almost 1/3 of the asking price.

Possible open to trades. Anyone have a late 80s 4 runner or tacoma?

Before you get rid of that thing, remember my offer to swap my open 8.8 for your locked 8.8 + cash.

SOLD.

Sorry Dirk. The two lockers were a big selling point.

Thanks Eric.

Well if anyone was interested in Fiona before, it's back on the market!

Looks like he added a cheaper trac bar and replaced a couple speakers and he's over doubling what I asked for it! Haha.

http://nashville.craigslist.org/cto/5179038269.html

I'm texting him about it....just out of curiosity...

If it was my luck, he'd get the $7500 after I'd had to give it away.

Actually I think Brian painted the hood. I texted the seller back and forth, and was texting Brian at the same time.

The guy told me that he paid Brian $5000 for it and then he did a new axle shaft, new wheel bearings, new o2 sensor, parking brake cables, and a new track bar - maybe $500 worth of work.

He also told me that it couldn't drive straight and needs a new front axle. I told him that I "would be interested at $3000" and he told me that I couldn't even find a stocker for $3000. Then I asked if he'd trade his locked 8.8 for an open 8.8 and cash. He refused.

Dude's off his rocker.

I wonder why he replaced the almost new IRO double sheer? I guess so his shop could keep it and sell it to make extra coin?

Back