• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Finally made it to the dyno.

I'd really like to know where these 80-90 hp readings are coming from? Engines with 200k miles taken in Denver or what? I think it's only fair to compare apples and apples. I have personally seen a freshly rebuilt 4.0 bored .030 over and NO other mods turn 145hp. The OP is talking about a fresh built motor, that's what we should be comparing.

Not that it matters, I just feel that for that kind of investment I'd want to see more than a 50rwhp gain.

6200ft and 280k! Correction number play a role too. Mine made 87 uncorrected true wheel hp on a super flow dyno. Corrected number can change more than 40 hp, and mustang dyno are notoriously high.

Not the internal diameter of your 62mm tb, the internal diameter of the fipk where it sits on your tb(go ahead and take it off and measure it).

Mine after 247,000 miles this bone stock power plant put out 135 HP and 177 TQ to the 31.50 tires on a DynoJet dyno. Stock everything. Getting ready to dyno the stroker before the end of the month for comparison.

Back