• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Finally got my lift installed. What do you think?

Thanks everyone! The lift has been great so far! I have taken it wheeling twice and had a blast! I haven't go to crazy on any trails just because I am waiting to get some armor first. No complaints about the lift so far. I have had to tighten my track bar bracket up after each trip. It worked its self loose a little.

Here are a few pics from the two times I have had it on the trails!

Use some loctite on your TB bolts.

So decided to remove the rear sway bar to see if it helped with the flex. It didn't relaly make much of a difference. I am not sure if my shocks are limiting the flex or what the issue is.
I know it would help having the front sway bar unhooked but don't want to do that since i drive it alot
Any ideas?

Uh.. remove it.. throw it in the trash. �� or get some quick disconnects..

The old rear sway bar can be used for bar pin eliminators if you'd like. And maybe some 10" travel shocks would help. But I'm betting your shackle angle is crap?

don't be too worried about disconnecting the front either, I've never had them on my jeeps (except for driving it home from the PO) and never wanted them back.

and x2 on the shackle angle

The shackle angle is pretty bad on it. Almost straight up and down. I would like to address that eventually. Would that make a big difference in how much the rear end is able to flex?

Also any ideas on a good product to fix the shackle relocation. I have seen a lot of people talk about them on here and the H.D ones seem to be popular but not sure if i want to get into cutting the old one out yet. I don't want any extra lift on it as of now so are my options pretty limited?

http://hdoffroadengineering.myshopify.com/products/no-lift-xj-shackle-relocation-brackets

Leaf springs rely mostly on the angle of your shackle when it come to flex. You want some where around 45*. Longer shackles or the shackle relocators would do the trick.

Back