• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Finally got my fullwidth project on the road!

MudDogg

NAXJA Forum User
I finally got this thing on the road.
Specs:
5 inch RE lift on the truck when I bought it for $400
Swaybar disconnects
adj. Track JBar (had to lenghten it by one inch)
Custom Steering ussing HeimJoints and 1.5"x0.25 wall tubing
Front Axle-D44 with RE bracket kit Detroit locker 4.88 Gears
Rear Axle-Ford 9" Detroit Locker 4.88 Gears
Rear Driveshaft from 85 Bronco
Stock Front Driveshaft (shortened 1.25")
15x10 Rock Crawlers
35x12.5 Maxxis BigHorns
Fenders trimed
Still in progress
Cage, Bumpers, AC to onboard Air, Dual Batteries
and whatever suggestions you guys might have
Pics are from Hatters NC. Got it done about a week before we left on the 6 hour trip. Crossed my fingers and headed out, Everything is working great, though i'm going to lift the rear about an inch or so more.
What do you think? The other Jeep is the first Jeep 3" and 31s Now its my Dad's.
ShowLetter

ShowLetter

ShowLetter

ShowLetter

looks good man! i like the full widths...

damn that bitch is wide, what the backspacing on those wheels?

damn i am jealous

Thanks!
Rims are 15x10 with 3.5" Backspacing . Think I want some 15x8 for my mud tires and keep these for some all terrains, for when I go to the beach or long hauls. These are the only set of tires I have right now

How much wider is the ford 9" compared to the 35 or other jeep axles? I am thinking of running a 9 but I am not sure if it will pass inspection here in Utah. I have Bushwackers but still yours looks pretty wide.

I am doing a full width on mine right now. Got any pics of you steering set up?

pecsxj: F150 and FS Bronco Axles are about 6" wider than stock. Early Bronco Axles are about the same width as stock

Dakota: I'll get some better pics of the steering tomorrow, you can kind of see it in the 3rd pic. 3/4 Heim Joints 1.5"x0.25 wall DOM Tubing with weld in bungs. You have to drill the knucles and pitman arm 3/4 for the bolts. I used grade 9 bolts and made my own spacers. I modeled mine after Bullet Proof Steering.com. They have good info on their web site, Or you could just measure and order from them. I figured I saved about $150 by doing it myself.

Back