• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Finally, an electric car worth owning........AMG SLS ED

XJEEPER

NAXJA Member # 13
NAXJA Member
......not that I could afford it (around $540,000 at today’s exchange rate)

13C230__010-660.jpg

It doesn’t hurt that up to 738 pound-feet of torque is available from the motors – considerably more than standard SLS – and that maximum twist is produced at exactly zero rpm, making its ascension through the 13,000 rpm rev range a long-winded, single-speed adventure in giggle-inducing thrust.

Along with its head-slamming ability to squirt to 62 mph in 3.9 seconds – only three-tenths of a second slower than the standard SLS – it’s stunning stopping capabilities are even more impressive.

Mercedes-Benz says they’ll build as many electric gullwings as the market demands, though it takes 100 days from the time of the order for the bare chassis to be assembled in Gratz, Austria before it’s merged with the bespoke drivetrain components in Affalterbach and made ready for public consumption.

http://www.wired.com/autopia/2013/03/mercedes-benz-sls-electric/

What about the electric Audi R8? That's a nice looking ride.

I wish the Tesla wasn't so expensive, or there was another car that got equivalent mileage on batteries. My ~45k mile for work every year wouldn't be so bad.

Back