• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Finally a little closer to the clouds.

crazycracka

NAXJA Forum User
Well Being the first time lifting anything, taking my time, doing it right, and working just me and another person took me roughly 20 hours. Plus it was cold as shit out.
What I used:
Front: 2" coil spacers, zj v8 coils, zj v8 sway bar links, relocated brake lines, shock stud extenders(temporary), track bar relocation bracket.

Rear: Complete Dakota leaf pack under Xj main, new longer u-bolts, leaf clamps, leaf sliders, 95 Ford f150 shocks, dakota rear brake line.

Added 1" TC drop.

So far no drive line vibes, no death wobble. Handles really well actually, rear is a little soft without rear sway bar, but its ok.

What do you guys think? I know it needs a bath. The rear when complete made a difference of 5.5" Front i forgot to measure. upps.

Before:
l_72d1ab6d822948d2a5225e235a4df6ee.jpg

After:

l_8105e55a241a4647ac125f5844c934d7.jpg

l_a892b37b6d604d9681c19450e32fc32e.jpg

l_4fd763b5fdc84c7a9e31e8456c69250a.jpg

Congrats on the start!
Now that your almost fully addicted, pickup a second job, because it's all down hill from here.

Congrats! looks good.

Congrats on the start!
Now that your almost fully addicted, pickup a second job, because it's all down hill from here.

No shit. I just got done yesterday and I woke up this morning asking the old lady if we should go bigger, lol. Oh well this is a start and doing it myself I know it was done right with the right parts. Ohh yeah and it was cheap too. :rof:

Cool man. what size tire do you plan on?

Im still torn on tires. Doing some research on 8.8 rear and gearing first. My buddy has a set of 33 12.50 super swampers for me, but with stock gears not really worth it to put them on. Plus im still deciding if I want to cut up the body or not. So many routes hard to choose which one.

Im still torn on tires. Doing some research on 8.8 rear and gearing first. My buddy has a set of 33 12.50 super swampers for me, but with stock gears not really worth it to put them on. Plus im still deciding if I want to cut up the body or not. So many routes hard to choose which one.
I run stock 3.55 gears on 33" swampers, the gearing is not ideal, i am down to about 12mpg in the city... go ahead and throw them on! thats what the Fuel mileage is what the Teggy is for:wave:

I would suggest 4.88s when you do get it done tho!

Hmm, i sure goobered that sentence up!

I was saying
Good fuel mileage is what the teggy is for!

Well Being the first time lifting anything, taking my time, doing it right, and working just me and another person took me roughly 20 hours. Plus it was cold as shit out.
What I used:
Front: 2" coil spacers, zj v8 coils, zj v8 sway bar links, relocated brake lines, shock stud extenders(temporary), track bar relocation bracket.

Rear: Complete Dakota leaf pack under Xj main, new longer u-bolts, leaf clamps, leaf sliders, 95 Ford f150 shocks, dakota rear brake line.

Added 1" TC drop.

So far no drive line vibes, no death wobble. Handles really well actually, rear is a little soft without rear sway bar, but its ok.

What do you guys think? I know it needs a bath. The rear when complete made a difference of 5.5" Front i forgot to measure. upps.

Looks good. Looks level from the photos also. It is rewarding work when you piece a lift together like that and install it all yourself. Congratulations.

Rear sway bar shouldn't make it ride any softer. Are the bushings all good? Don't forget to re-torque all your suspention components after a couple hundred miles to make sure they are all to spec.

You mentioned "shock stud extenders" ? I assume you mean the Bar Pin relocation kits that move the lower shock mount up? If so, that shouldn't be temporary, keep them, they will help the ride and make the shock bushings last MUCH longer.

Michael

Looks good. Looks level from the photos also. It is rewarding work when you piece a lift together like that and install it all yourself. Congratulations.

Rear sway bar shouldn't make it ride any softer. Are the bushings all good? Don't forget to re-torque all your suspention components after a couple hundred miles to make sure they are all to spec.

You mentioned "shock stud extenders" ? I assume you mean the Bar Pin relocation kits that move the lower shock mount up? If so, that shouldn't be temporary, keep them, they will help the ride and make the shock bushings last MUCH longer.

Michael

The shock stud extenders I used were the $5 extensions from autozone. They screw onto the top of the shock and make the factory shock 2" longer. They were just a cheap solution until begining of the year when I upgrade a few things (shocks, better coil springs, quick disconnects, etc)

The rear isn't necessarily soft its mostly body roll in corners, just going to take some getting used to is all.

Thanks for all the compliments. I really enjoyed piecing it together. I feel i got a better quality lift for my money.

The shock stud extenders I used were the $5 extensions from autozone. They screw onto the top of the shock and make the factory shock 2" longer. They were just a cheap solution until begining of the year when I upgrade a few things (shocks, better coil springs, quick disconnects, etc)

The rear isn't necessarily soft its mostly body roll in corners, just going to take some getting used to is all.

Thanks for all the compliments. I really enjoyed piecing it together. I feel i got a better quality lift for my money.

Understood.
In that case, Yes, get rid of the extenders and before you purchase new shocks plan on relocators for the bottom and measuer with these in mind so you don't get shocks that are too long.

Michael

you can use the brackets from the rear sway bars as bar pin eliminators for your front shocks, they will give you about an inch of extra shock length, I wouldn't feel confortable with a stud extender, justs puts more leverage on the section of the shock that IMO is most likely to break.

Back