• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Fender Bender

anotherjeff

NAXJA Forum User
I posted these pics a few weeks ago in the wrong forum and they were deleted, gotta read those forum rules kids. So here they are again...

I work 6pm-6am and I was coming home Monday morning and as I approached an intersection, less than a half mile from home, this guy in a 2WD 97 Nissan Frontier pulls right out in front of me.

001.jpg

Nobody's hurt and the cops arrive about 20 minutes later. Theyhave us back apart, and I hear all this popping and breaking plastic and I'm thinking my jeep is thrashed. The cop direct us to the Taco Bell parking lot and I hop out to check the damage and this is what I saw.

His...

003.jpg

002-1.jpg

Mine...

005.jpg

004.jpg

The cop couldn't believe it, hell neither could I. The guys insurance company settled with me $357 (to repaint the bumper and realignment). The last I heard from the other guy his inital estimate was $3500+.

you really do have to love it...not to highjack the thread but steel has saved your ass and mine...i collided with a kawasakii mule and this is what it did...the only reason it was as bad as it was is because it slide up....but if i would have had a stock bumper...i wouldn't have been able to drive it
Jeep008.jpg

The other guy's truck never even touched my sheet metal. I'm running a used ARB I picked on here and I had just installed the week before. I gave $450 for it and I really thought I paid to much for it, until a few weeks ago.

Last edited:
That guys Frontier is an '07. Considering the damage he sustained, you came out very good. Good thing you installed the bumper when you did.

Haha, damn..... Makes me glad that I have my $100 Pink ARB Bumper...

Even $357 may total my jeep tho.

glad no one was hurt, and glad the jeep walked away with only a scratch, lol...

someone chime in here, but i heard awhile back that if you told your insurance company you have a "heavy duty steel offroad bumper" (or something like that) that they'll give you a discount because it'll help protect your vehicle, and as in this situation, they don't have to pay much at all for repairs if something happened...

I'm not sure on the insurance discount, but I know some states have laws against alot of our bumpers. In some places it is illegal to have any protrusions off your bumper such as a stinger bar or even clevis mounts. I would assume it would also consider front reciever mounts in with the previous mentioned. As far as my insurance knows, my vehicles are stock.

Back