• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Fellas, keep it down!

Status
Not open for further replies.

XJguy

NAXJA Forum User
I was just contacted by an individual who is staying at Slickrock and who apparently is not part of NAXJA. He asked me how the members were behaving. His reason was that he told me last night there was banging and air powered tools all night long ruining his vacation with his family. He requested information of who to contact concerning this.

This is very bad for NAXJA, we must respect the rights of others. Please keep it down....pass the word to those already there.

XJguy

I'm gonna hope that they callede us because they took the time and effort to see who was actually making the noise.

The only loud noise I heard last night was the pin heads in the RV across the row getting hammered and being very loud. Luckily, they left today. I didn't hear any air-tools.

They are some "power wagon" types here as well (full size broncos, etc) that had one torn apart in the back row.

Might not have been us....

bburge
from Moab...

whatever......

I can't believe we're getting web-scolded by someone who wasn't even there.....

fyi....

the noise-makers were later discovered to be from the bronco group that was there....we were falsely accused.

The only pounding I was doing was w/ beer cans and a lighter.

It was the CO K-5 group, if you were there you would know this!

The Naxja group was good....except the 5 people that blew by me on main st. when my XJ took a crap! Nice to be stuck in traffic w/ flashers on to see 5 people w/ NAXJA stickers pass you by! Fawkers!

Anyhow "i forgot your name" guy from Idaho w/ the plates "Xtreme" towed me back to camp...thanks man ...hit me PM i need to chat w. ya....BTW

Oh well ,,

Chew..wish i bought the blue raffle tickets..bacca

aw come on guys... we were good for the most part but there were a few loud late groups.. we all know about wrenching to get it done but sometimes forget that that we didn't rent the whole place exclusively.. i'm not pointing a finger or naming names.. but lets not lie to ourselves and act like angels...
that being said...
I CAN'T WAIT TILL NEXT YEAR!!!!
mike

I thought it was very quiet at night, especially compared to past events. This was true at my cabin (#6) and Mike G.'s campsite just south of the cabins.

He requested information of who to contact?
I just don't get it....go ask them to quiet down. I know, it takes a little effort, but it's better than suffering through the night. If this doesn't work, then ask the management to take care of it.

Tom

Beezil said:
whatever......

I can't believe we're getting web-scolded by someone who wasn't even there.....

fyi....

the noise-makers were later discovered to be from the bronco group that was there....we were falsely accused.

Hey someone had to man the fort and keep you boys in check!

XJguy

Tom R. said:
I thought it was very quiet at night, especially compared to past events. This was true at my cabin (#6) and Mike G.'s campsite just south of the cabins.

He requested information of who to contact?
I just don't get it....go ask them to quiet down. I know, it takes a little effort, but it's better than suffering through the night. If this doesn't work, then ask the management to take care of it.

Tom

They did all that, said the group kinda brushed them off.

XJguy

Many of our suspects were apprehended

Caught in the act, the culprits were charged with commiting one count of welding (but not to include grinding) and several counts of blending heavily spiritous frozen drinks under full moon conditions.

Immediately taken to a secret location for special measures, confessions and swift convictions were obtained. The offenders were sentenced to be remanded to stay within the borders of the State of California for a term not less than 72 consecutive hours, to be served within the next 72 years.

The suspected ringleader narrowly escaped apprehention and remains at large... may be driving north, south, west and/or east in a Jeep XJ. Please report all sightings immediately.

ChEwBaCcA said:
Anyhow "i forgot your name" guy from Idaho w/ the plates "Xtreme" towed me back to camp...thanks man ...hit me PM i need to chat w. ya....BTW

Dude, ChewDogg, that was me :D Remember? I was also the dude that was part of the late night party in your cabin that you were against at first :D :D

Re: Many of our suspects were apprehended

woody said:
Caught in the act, the culprits were charged with commiting one count of welding (but not to include grinding) and several counts of blending heavily spiritous frozen drinks under full moon conditions.

Immediately taken to a secret location for special measures, confessions and swift convictions were obtained. The offenders were sentenced to be remanded to stay within the borders of the State of California for a term not less than 72 consecutive hours, to be served within the next 72 years.

The suspected ringleader narrowly escaped apprehention and remains at large... may be driving north, south, west and/or east in a Jeep XJ. Please report all sightings immediately.

we don't want them!!!! I say send them to 'bama... having them try to understand what folks there are telling them should be punishment enough :D

As long as the "criminals at large" weren't also ones that were drinking non Utah complient beer and watching videos of Jeeps bashing themselves into rocks...

...if so...umm..I was passed out in my tent the whole time...really...I wasn't a part of it at all!

Note to Slickrock Campground:

DO NOT SURROUND A FAMILY WITH A BUNCH OF FOURWHEELERS.

This was the Friday late night incident when I welded on Mark and Beezl's junk. The previous incident is unknown to me.

CRASH

Something smells here.

How does someone in a campground in Moab Utah think to call someone in New York to complain about noise in the campground????

How does someone in New York expect to quiet someone camping in Moab Utah????

Sorry, I forgot to check my NAXJA forums while I was at the event.

Damn, I didn't even check my e-mail:eek:

Get over it,
Crunch

nightly noise

I was asked to check it out and it sure wasn't us. I t was the K-5 and Bronco crowd doing it. If the folks would stick their friggen heads out of their camper long enough to check things out.....
Those guys were really noisy! It was a sawzall going at the sheet metal. It WAS pretty bad. They went at it until 10:30pm. I think our bunch was passed out already and weren't making sounds except snoring!:D Somebody even complained about the campfire we had at the registration area. We were sitting around it talking quite peaceably. Noise big noise and they complaned about the light from the fire!:D
You don't go to a public campground and get Hilton Hotel quietness. It's more like a college dorm. That's just the facts.

XJguy said:
I was just contacted by an individual who is staying at Slickrock and who apparently is not part of NAXJA. He asked me how the members were behaving. His reason was that he told me last night there was banging and air powered tools all night long ruining his vacation with his family. He requested information of who to contact concerning this.

This is very bad for NAXJA, we must respect the rights of others. Please keep it down....pass the word to those already there.

XJguy

I'd like to know who would give your phone number to a stranger griping about noise!!

How is this "very bad for NAXJA"? This may actually keep woody from getting elected to Congress?????

The fact that I responded twice to what is possibly the stupidest thread ever on NAXJA pisses me off at myself!!!!!!!

VVVVery smelly,
Crunch

This may actually keep woody from getting elected to Congress?????

OMG Mike, you are killing me. I almost shot coffee out my nose.

Senator Woody: "My fellow Senators, I implore you to quit your bone-dicking and monkey-fawking and pass this legislation without delay."

CRASH

I invited them over for cocktails didn't I???

I think she was -this- close to accepting too. Could'a been made in the shade with the daughter of the owner throwin' down Jes' margees with the late night welding crew.:D

Man we coulda had a whole buggy built by morning with that kinda inside source.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back