• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Feeling a little Overwhelmed!!

bshaw

NAXJA Forum User
Hey guys. Not whining here but just need to ask for some help. Just got back from getting my bottoms wisdom (pita) teeth out. Here's my dilemma, and I want to make it to winterfest no matter what:

Got a 95 f150 engine swap to do/finish, got the donor motor, just need to complete the swap and install a hitch. I want to dolly my Jeep out to Attica. I got a good buddy of mine helping on that, but we work two different work schedules.

Jeep Stuff:
Next, I just ordered some rock skids, should be in this weekend and I'd like to get them installed by the end of this weekend. Stock engine skid needs installed too.
Got OBA I need to just finish it. Run wires and hoses.

Got a new CB I need to get installed. Along with a good mounting point for the antenna.

Want to get a Aussie locker installed at least in the rear of my 8.25, maybe, maybe front too not sure though.

One last thing I can not decided on, is whether or not I should get a LA kit and get it installed too.

If anyone in the area would be willing to help out, I will supply the beer and food. Plus I will return the favor on a drop of a dime! Let me know if any of you are interested. Thanks for your time!!!
Jeremy B.

PS spelling and punc. might be a little of right now lol

I still have to buy an XJ, buy and install gears, buy and install lift, buy and install tires and wheels, buy and install SYE, buy and install bumpers, pick some CDs for the ride, lock those new gears, cut up wood to stack under factory jack in case of the worst, choose a winch, and then buy and install it, figure out some sort of intake and exhaust mods, and then purchase and install those, and I will nab a fire extinguisher at the NAPA in Attica.
Other than that, all set!
:rolleyes:

Last edited:
All I can say is... prioritize! What mods can you live without? Certainly the long arm, CB, OBA & locker could wait. Rock rails are useful and pretty easy to install. So my advice is to focus on the tow rig, and use the Jeep pretty much as is.

Lawn Cher' said:
All I can say is... prioritize! What mods can you live without? Certainly the long arm, CB, OBA & locker could wait. Rock rails are useful and pretty easy to install. So my advice is to focus on the tow rig, and use the Jeep pretty much as is.

Sounds like the most logical way to do things to me. :cheers:

Foget the BLING BLING stuff and get the essentials. Safety gear, rocker guards, CB (I feel this is necessary) tow points, and forget the stuff you don't HAVE to have. Badlands has lots of different challenges, and no matter how much stuff your Jeep has, you will never be able to conquer them all, so focus on getting there and back, reliably.

bshaw said:
Hey guys. Not whining here but just need to ask for some help. Just got back from getting my bottoms wisdom (pita) teeth out. Here's my dilemma, and I want to make it to winterfest no matter what:

Got a 95 f150 engine swap to do/finish, got the donor motor, just need to complete the swap and install a hitch. I want to dolly my Jeep out to Attica. I got a good buddy of mine helping on that, but we work two different work schedules.

Jeep Stuff:
Next, I just ordered some rock skids, should be in this weekend and I'd like to get them installed by the end of this weekend. Stock engine skid needs installed too.
Got OBA I need to just finish it. Run wires and hoses.

Got a new CB I need to get installed. Along with a good mounting point for the antenna.

Want to get a Aussie locker installed at least in the rear of my 8.25, maybe, maybe front too not sure though.

One last thing I can not decided on, is whether or not I should get a LA kit and get it installed too.

If anyone in the area would be willing to help out, I will supply the beer and food. Plus I will return the favor on a drop of a dime! Let me know if any of you are interested. Thanks for your time!!!
Jeremy B.
Bad deal on the wisdoms- sux. Don't take too many pain killers, bad stuff... Life happens.

X2 on dropping the non-essentials. Some lift is better than none. Tow points and rocker protection a must. Badlands has some rocker eating hills on the"green" trail. Antenna- mag mount will work better than nothing and give you a chance to see what others do before making a hole. Skid-Worry about the tank, it hits first (or last if you look at it that way). Not sure what the creek level is like, might want to re-route your intake, or remove your airtube to the box before jumping in it.

Would like to assist, but am not near OH- Sorry :(

-Ron

TRL WGN 1 said:
Foget the BLING BLING stuff and get the essentials. Safety gear, rocker guards, CB (I feel this is necessary) tow points, and forget the stuff you don't HAVE to have. Badlands has lots of different challenges, and no matter how much stuff your Jeep has, you will never be able to conquer them all, so focus on getting there and back, reliably.
agreed, very good point

Zuki-Ron said:
Bad deal on the wisdoms- sux. Don't take too many pain killers, bad stuff... Life happens.

X2 on dropping the non-essentials. Some lift is better than none. Tow points and rocker protection a must. Badlands has some rocker eating hills on the"green" trail. Antenna- mag mount will work better than nothing and give you a chance to see what others do before making a hole. Skid-Worry about the tank, it hits first (or last if you look at it that way). Not sure what the creek level is like, might want to re-route your intake, or remove your airtube to the box before jumping in it.

Would like to assist, but am not near OH- Sorry :(

-Ron

yea it looks like i got the shit nocked out of me right now lol, all swollen up. I haven't had to take any pain killers yet thogh.
I sit at about a 4 1/4" right now, w/ 31s, etc..... Got the deep water intake installed a long time ago, I justI followed the write up of madxj.com, course with some mods of my own. My main concerns was just getting some protection (armor) before I came out to the Badlands, and to maybe get on locker installed. I got a front took hook kit installed on my rig and a rear class lll hitch with a Warn insert and ring. Kind of servers as a skid too for the gas tank, lol. O' well I'll do what I can before I head out. :rattle: Thanks anyways though! ;)

Get the tow rig up and running. All the mods in the world won't help if you can't get there.

bgcntry72 said:
I still have to buy an XJ, buy and install gears, buy and install lift, buy and install tires and wheels, buy and install SYE, buy and install bumpers, pick some CDs for the ride, lock those new gears, cut up wood to stack under factory jack in case of the worst, choose a winch, and then buy and install it, figure out some sort of intake and exhaust mods, and then purchase and install those, and I will nab a fire extinguisher at the NAPA in Attica.
:roflmao:

reread it

:roflmao:

bgcntry72 said:

PM Beezil. He'll set you straight. I can help with the Fire Extinguisher.

Flowers said:
PM Beezil. He'll set you straight. I can help with the Fire Extinguisher.

All of his time is occupied with his 'XJ partner in crime', so to speak.
I think he is starting on Phunk's seven-link next week, and putting a LockRight in Gils 242.
I am on the waiting list for a fuel cell.
:chef:

bgcntry72 said:
All of his time is occupied with his 'XJ partner in crime', so to speak.
I think he is starting on Phunk's seven-link next week, and putting a LockRight in Gils 242.
I am on the waiting list for a fuel cell.
:chef:
He's tig welding some oak for me.

Hey Jemery I'm offended you did'nt PM me :tears: ;) . Give me a date, I'll be right over. Changing oil tomarrow, then heading over to that Junk Yard, and up to Lima. I should be back Thursday though. I should be free this weekend if your off, and fealing up to it. Although the possable job in situation Lima might dictate that.

scoobyxj said:
Hey Jemery I'm offended you did'nt PM me :tears: ;) . Give me a date, I'll be right over. Changing oil tomarrow, then heading over to that Junk Yard, and up to Lima. I should be back Thursday though. I should be free this weekend if your off, and fealing up to it. Although the possable job in situation Lima might dictate that.

PM'd ya buddy. Thanks!!

Back