• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Feeler - 2000 XJ semi-built

HawkZero

NAXJA Forum User
I need some help. I'm transferring to WA state and probably won't do much wheeling there. I built this for light wheeling here in the upper Mojave and Sierras.

I have no idea what its worth now and how much to ask if I sell it - let alone where to try and sell it.

2000 4dr Sport 118,000 miles with the following mods:
4.5" Rubicon Express Lift kit
Rough Country Drop Brackets
32x11.5 BFG ATs (5 of them)
4.56 Yukon Gears
Aluminum Offroad Wheels (American Racing?)
Tow Hitch
Tank Skid
H4 Headlight conversion with aftermarket relay harness
Crown valve cover
Old Man Emu Shocks
Old Man Emu Steering Stabilizer
Hack and Tap SYE
New Drive Shaft

The only down side is that somebody backed into the passenger door. I already have a replacement door its just the wrong color paint. I have removed the front fender flares but I have not trimmed the panels yet.

Runs like a champ with no vibes. AC blows cold. Put in new waterpump/thermostsat and radiator cap last summer. Just installed some new speakers but still have factory cassette deck. Passed smog ok but currently registered in WA.

I've never really worked this jeep hard. I put the mods in last year and its mostly done BLM desert trails to go hiking/hunting.

Let me know what ya'll think and where I should post it for sale.

I don't know how much it would be worth because of this economy.

You should post up some pics so people can get a better idea of the condition.

When you figure out a starting price, you can post up on Craigslist - http://losangeles.craigslist.org/

How soon do you need to sell it?

What part of WA are you moving too?

Im moving to bremerton in Dec. There looks to be some decent wheeling up there.

IMG_0249.jpg

IMG_0255.jpg

DSC_7345_2.jpg

DSC_6232.jpg

DSC_5761.jpg

Last picture shows the dinged up right rear passenger door and before I removed the front flares. I have a replacement door and I'm debating spraying it first or hanging it as is.

Thanks for all those that have suggested keeping it. I'm really torn but need money for a down payment.

Last pic for now. We are really going to miss the jeep.
DSC_5325.jpg

Last edited:
Looking for any trades? I have a 2002 Honda CBR 600 F4i that runs perfect as a DD. I'm looking to get another jeep xj/tj/yj. Just thought I'd ask cause you never know...

Forgot to add that I have hardly ridden it since moving to Ca the drivers out here where I live are old and don't look out for people on motorcycles. Starts fine and I haven't had any problems since I bought it back in 03

Hate to change subjects but where was the jeep in those pics?

1st pic is a gold mine up Indian Wells Canyon

2nd pic is at the turnaround of the 5 fingers near Owens Peak

3rd pic is just south of Ridgecrest, CA near highway 395

4th pic is near the El Dorado mountains which is EAST of Red Rock Canyon.

5th pic is Lower Sage Creek campground in the Inyo National Forrest

6th pic is of my baby girl hugging the jeep while its on jack stands getting its lift installed in spring 2008.

Not trades but thanks.

Forgot to add that I have hardly ridden it since moving to Ca the drivers out here where I live are old and don't look out for people on motorcycles. Starts fine and I haven't had any problems since I bought it back in 03

No thanks. Promised wife I wouldn't touch another bike after I sold my 2006 Yamaha R6. Most fun I've ever had on two wheels...

Back