• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Feeler: 1999 2D for sale.

jbcherokee

NAXJA Forum User
OK So I am off to college next year and I am sadly considering selling my 1999 2D XJ.

Although its not for awhile I am taking any offers now and would be willing to part with it now

Here is a link to my build threads to get complete picture list:
http://naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=1009902
http://forums.exploringnh.com/showthread.php?t=10444

The Jeep:

• 1999 Jeep Cherokee 2 Door Chilipepper Red Paint
  • 155000 miles
  • 5 Speed manual
  • runs absolutely perfect, no stalling or check engine light
  • ONLY PROBLEM: chipped tooth on reverse gear. Makes a clicking sound when backing up. May last years but no way to tell.
  • Dana 30 up front chrysler 8.25 in back
  • tiny bit of rocker rust, and quarter size rust spot on
Mods

• 4.5" Rubicon Express Superflex Lift Kit
  • 15x8 soft eights
  • 32" BFG AT (almost new)
  • Brushguard with harbor freight cheepo lights
  • Red floor LEDS on passenger and driver side
  • Flowmaster 40 series muffler installed
  • Olympic Tophat roof rack installed with 4 KC daylighters 130w driving lights
  • 2 walmart cheepo backup lights
  • fitchva style light box
  • bushwacker fender flares (tire coverage is 100% legal)
  • TO BE INSTALLED: Black powdercoated warrior sideplates (sitting in box in my basement until spring)
  • TO BE INSTALLED: Eric's xj style snorkel (have all required parts)
This is in great condition. All the wiring done for the lights is done through the doorjams and I have not drilled a single hole in the body! Oil has been changed regularly and lift was only put in 6 months ago.

This car has been in my family since it rolled out of the factory and has only minor scratches. It hasn't been in any accidents but did lose a fender and got one decent scratch from the garage when my sister was driving it in. The dent has been fixed and bushwackers been but on since.

The rear hatch does get a little picky when you try to open it and you need to put a little pressure down on it to open.

Besides those 3 minor problems (scratch, hatch and reverse gear) this Jeep is in amazing condition. As I said it runs new and the clutch shifts quite well. This jeep will make a great trail rig but I personally use it as a daily driver with no problems!

The chilipepper red paint is not only extremely rare but it great condition. Some surface scratches from minor wheeling but as the pictures show it glows in the sun. These 2 doors are hard to find especially in this condition.

Here are some pics I found on my photobucket account. They are before bushwackers and my roof rack were installed.
Cherokee001.jpg

Cherokee009.jpg

Cherokee013.jpg

dsc_0699.jpg

dsc_0656.jpg

So make me an offer. Get your hands on this extremely rare Jeep!

Nice looking jeep!, also I assume stock 3.07 gears?

Last edited:
This is only my opinion, not that it matters, but the way I look at this sale personally as a stock 2door with a nice lift and tires. No sye, gears, locker, just a good starting point for someone, the miles dont bother me. I like that its a 5sp, but nothing so rare that Id crap myself. I would go in 4k for it maybe a few dollars more or less, but Ive been playing this game for a while & I know I could probably do two budget builds more capabale than that for 6500. Might not look as nice as that but I go for functionality alot these days as opposed to looks, just my opinion, good luck.

6500 is too high for me, but if you part it down to stock I'll take it after I graduate (May).

Just saying if the whole sale doesn't work out its an option, you could probably trade whatever you're parting off for stock equivalents.

Back