• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Feedback

I didn't provide anything. Your attendees did. I simply questioned why none of you are listening.

Why do you have to make up awards every year? What's wrong with having best rig, dumbest flop, etc every year?

First off, we are listening Josh, just like we did at the end of last year. We implemented several changes this year because of last year's feedback - more than one of those changes were your suggestions.

That being said, these are simply suggestions and not every suggestion needs to be implemented. When it comes down to the workload to arrange and execute an event of this size, with as many moving parts as it has, decisions have to be made on where to allocate the use of our time. Speaking personally, I'd prefer to spend my time making sure that registration packets are complete, daily schedules are maintained, trail rides are staffed, the raffle is well organized, getting the kids involved, money is handled appropriately, swag is available for purchase, the event is safe, meals are arranged, Tread Lightly principles are practiced, and maybe getting my own Jeep on the trails for a couple hours.

I fully expect more people to chime in with some feedback on the recently completed event for us to consider. The seating (and lighting) at the BBQ was brought up and that is certainly something that we need to address for next year.

We appreciate any and all feedback and trust that those that attend the Crawl realize that the BOD is doing their best to provide a safe, family friendly, and fun event. They've elected us to run the chapter (and the event) to our best ability and I trust also that they recognize that we are doing that.

Last edited:
I didn't provide anything. Your attendees did. I simply questioned why none of you are listening.

Why do you have to make up awards every year? What's wrong with having best rig, dumbest flop, etc every year?

And since you so desperately need to know, my wife's new contract reduced her vacation time from 4 weeks a year to 2 weeks a year. Taking my family to Disney this December trumps a wheeling trip with you.

Now we both know the reason. Have a nice day.

I didn't need to know, hence why I said reasons of your own, but thanks for sharing. I hope you and your family enjoy Disney this year :wave1:

Thanks to everyone else for the feedback, and please keep it coming!

i thought i saw a revised carnage award on the table near Ed....

The old carnage award is sitting in my shop. It's heavy and bulky and unfortunately I didn't have room to carry it. I believe yellowxj set a revised version on the table but I don't know where it ended up.

Last edited:
I still have the 2.0v that YellowXJ made and brought with us this year.

We'll bring it again next year and if it gets awarded cool...if not...no biggie.

As far as the awards go both sides of the debate/discussion/argument have merit.

For those of us who do want to see awards...and if the leaders of the event do not wish to have that as part of the dinner/raffle.. we could always do them ourselves if it's that big of a deal.

Either way...great event, great time. We'll be back next year pending appropriate funding being available.

Well there you go. There was a carnage award and, if im not mistaken, it's in the hands of the guy with the most carnage this year. Congratulations, 043500, on winning the carnage award.

Bam, problem solved.

Well there you go. There was a carnage award and, if im not mistaken, it's in the hands of the guy with the most carnage this year. Congratulations, 043500, on winning the carnage award.

Bam, problem solved.

Yea I agree with you on this. It probably would not be hard to do a few. Longest distance. Carnage. what else? Maybe take a prize for each out of the raffle. A shirt and hat? No certificate needed really.

Still interested in feedback...so keep it coming guys....

Before the awards conversation is beaten to death - They are time consuming. Most of the awards that have been given in the past were directly related to things that happened at the event. Ed said it best - the difficult part of it is finding out who did what. We've got to talk to all groups. It takes 10 minutes to print them, but getting around to talk to every group to find out the details of who qualifies for an award takes the time.

It was mentioned just doing the same awards each year. Perhaps we chose to do best mall crawler, or most beat up rig, or farthest traveled - for example. We all bring our same Jeeps the same amount of distance every year. Unless we get someone from the west or the northeast coming to visit, Carmine is going to win distance every year...until he moves. Most of our rigs are going to look the exact same each year, unless one of us decides to buy a new one. Hence Tim's comment about new awards.

I'd love to get some feedback about any of the other aspects of the event - meal, registration, daily scheduling, anything.

And Ross, yes, you would have won longest distance this year - but probably not by as much as you would have guessed. You only drove 167.2 miles further than Carmine....as based on the home addresses given to me on the registration forms.

is there any way to provide maps? i know they can be purchased at the office but some people (me) forgot to do that. I heard a few times that people werent sure how to get back to camp because they didnt have a map.

Good thought Wade. I'll look into that.

Last edited:
I would have used the term - "most enthusiastic driver".

You don't have to sugar coat it for me ;)

As for feedback, coming from a first timer, everything seemed pretty good. I wasn't confused much and able to figure stuff out pretty straight forward. As for maps, I took a pic of somebody's and was able to use that and found my way back fairly easy

Meal was good, the caterers being late seemed to work out fine since the kids' raffle and plaque presentation got done in the meantime.

Lights and seating in the pavilion isn't really the BOD's fault, but I'm sure it will be mentioned to Stephen.

Registration website was straightforward and easy to use. Picking up packets could be improved by assigning someone to sit at a table and pass them out, but it wasn't bad.

Daily scheduling seemed to go well, it is a lot more lax than WF in that everyone pretty much knows what they want to run and who they want to run it with, so groups get figured out even without signing up. Getting up the mountain went better this year, not as much standing around doing the NAXJA thing.

The ticket tumbler didn't seem to be able to keep up with the amount of tickets, seems people are starting to buy into the MWC way to do a raffle :D

Overall a great event, I'll be back next year for sure.

Last edited:
What is the MWC way on the raffle? I wasn't expecting that volume of ticket sales. We did almost 400 tickets more than last year. I reckon a bigger tumbler would have been a better option.

Also, Thursday, except the hour I went to town for lunch, I did sit at the table for about 8 hours on my porch. Are you suggesting just publishing a couple specific times where registration is open for everyone to come by? Getting packets out is a problem. I was still tracking down people at the BBQ.

Last edited:
Buying lots and lots of tickets.

Yes. Registration for 1-1.5 hours prior to departures on trail days. If people miss the window they are responsible for tracking you down.

i'll steal this idea from Jim, and im sure others have said it as well...

for the "big items", which were the winch/bumper/stiffiners at the very least, pull out a ticket each at the start of the raffle and put it in an envelope or something. everyone will have an equal chance at winning those prizes then. lets say you only bought 3 tickets and somehow won 3 things before the big prizes were drawn. now you have no chance at winning those items.

and yes, the MWC way is to buy in bulk.

Back