• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Fawkin' thievin' bastards...........

YELLAHEEP

NAXJA Forum User
So, a Deputy that I work with calls me up in a real bad situation up in Copper Mountain. Apparently he was doing some sight seeing in his '04 Honda Accord and bottomed out on something on a dirt road and cracked the aluminum oil pan..... possibly roaching his engine. I haul up there with the truck/trailer to get him and his Honda home.

After dropping him and his car off, I head over to Pull-N-Save off 66th with the truck/trailer. Find some parts, and head home after about 45 min. in the yard.

This morning, I had an appointment to get the CTS appraised for the bond title process and go to load it on the trailer......... only to discover that one of my trailer ramps is missing. So is the snap pin that was holding it. WTF? :dunno:

Now, I know for a fact that THAT particular ramp had been put back after dropping the Honda off. The Honda owner had helped me put the ramps back and I specifically remember having to give him verbal instruction on how to get it set in place so the snap pin would go in securely. The place I put the snap pins when the ramps are out generally would keep the pin there if I'd have forgotten to put the pin in the ramp...... but the pin is gone.

But, to be certain, I called him and asked him if he'd trace my route from his house to I-25 and 58th and see if he might find it along the road somewhere. I found this highly unlikely as I actually have lost one of those ramps on the highway before and when it slides out onto the road, it makes one helluva noise. He calls back and says "no luck".

So, that got me wondering if someone actually pilfered it while it was sitting in the PNS parking lot....... But what's unlikely about that is.......... I had parked at the west end of the lot near several rows of new arrival cars. I had started walking toward those cars having seen a couple of '97+ XJ's and was promptly contacted by a security guard letting me know those cars were off limits. I gotta figure that guy was still there while I was in the lot...... surely he woulda seen some dipstick taking a ramp from my trailer right?

Now I'm wondering if someone actually stole it as the trailer sat parked in front of my house......... But that particular ramp sticks in place and makes a helluva noise when it slides out....... and it's a good 40-45 lbs and generally hits the ground when coming out..... woulda made quite a racket at night with the neighbor's windows being open in the middle of the night.......

Seriously? I gotta put pad locks on my damn trailer ramps now????? :mad:

Since I was headed to Milliken this afternoon, I stopped by DenCol steel and had 'em look at the ramp I still have and they sold me all the pieces to re-create another ramp........ $97 worth.

Rant off.

Last edited:
WTF is up with people stealing weird chit recently? U-joint caps, a trailer ramp...
:confused:

Karma is a bitch, they will get theirs 10 fold. Sucks thou, now you have to do more work to make up for their dumb arse!!!

Karma is a bitch, they will get theirs 10 fold. Sucks thou, now you have to do more work to make up for their dumb arse!!!

How about his Karma?
First he scored a Caddy(good Karma), and then lost a ramp(bad Karma).

Sounds like he's on a Karmacoaster... up & down...

That blows, Troy.

Having said that.... I have a nice shiny new trailer sitting at the house. One of the first things I did was padlock the ramps, and put a hitch lock on it.

true, grasshopper. ;) That blows Troy -- good luck with the CTS inspection!

People are lame...............that blows Troy, if you find them plasma cut there trailer in half. :scottm:

This reminds me of a funny story about thieves. I was storing a boat for a friend and he called me one night.

"Hey do me a favor and I hope you would have noticed, but is my boat still at your house?"

I was like: "Uh, Yeah, can't miss it." (I knew it was there as I just came inside the house.) "Why whats up?"

He replied; "I just got a call from the Broomfield PD saying my boat was illegally parked on the street?" (his boat was in my driveway.) "Let me call them back."

He calls back; "Dude do me a favor and check my plates on the trailer really fast."

I lay the phone down and go check. Sure as shite the plates are missing. "Yeah your plates are gone on the trailer."

"Okay thanks man I am going to go call back the PD."

Calls me back at hour later. "Dude some idiot two blocks from you took the plates off my trailer in your driveway and put it on his trailer. Those plates where like $20 and the PD said he got a $500 fine for stolen plates."

Lazy friggin bastages............

Hope you solve you mystery thieves Troy.............

I'm not going to invest any more effort into trying to determine if and who stole the ramp....... just seems like the only explanation.

IF it did fall out of the trailer as I was running around, I'm just hoping no one got hit by it or had a tire/wheel/oil pan destroyed because of it.

Oh well. I'm donning my welding helmet and gonna go burn some wire so I can get back to bizzness.

Oh, and regarding Skully's story......... that "borrowing of license plates" thing happens a whole lot more than you'd think. I've contacted tons of owners of vehicles that appear to have been abandoned or illegally parked only for them to say "no, my car is still right where I left it - I'm looking at it right now." Then I go run the VIN and find that it's a stolen vehicle where the thief actually took the time to find another vehicle of the same color and similar year to steal the plate from......

ya i got a call from the El Paso County Sheriffs dept the other night at about midnight plus 15 give or take. turns out all the doors on my old service truck were open in front of my shop and they found two guys walking off with a jack and lug iron. So i go down to the shop and sure as shit they stole an old ass bottle jack and a lug nut tool....turns out they had a flat. two active duty army fellas....they went to jail. Scum is every where and it sickens me that our own soldiers are thieving bastages. makes me doubly mad as i'm prior service my self

I think you are just getting old Troy and got somebody elses trailer by mistake. :laugh3:

Now THAT brings the phunnay right there! :roflmao: And quite plausible too...... :gag:

someone stole the plate off my 96 a while ago, it nearly got towed by the city because I had it parked across town (only one parking space at my apartment... 4 vehicles...) fortunately I got to it before the hook arrived. So I got new plates (still had the front one so it only cost me 10 bucks) and whoever stole the plates hopefully got shafted next time they were pulled over.

The bastids!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I lock everything when I park there.

I've seen a few incidents at Pull-n-Save where people were stealing right out of the parking lot. Nobody looks twice at my junk anymore.

and just when you think you can trust some folks... ;)

Seriously? I gotta put pad locks on my damn trailer ramps now????? :mad:

My dad has locks on his trailer, partly due to possible theft as well as making sure the ramps dont slide out.

He went to ACE Hardware and got a matching set of three locks, two for the ramps and one for the tongue. That way you only have to have one key for all three.

Wont stop anyone who actually wants the trailer or ramps, but helps keep the "honest thieves" honest.

My buddy is home from CO visiting and I wondered why he had a trailer ramp strapped to his car................:D Not really, he's been here for over a week. Jesus, you colorado people sleep a lot.

I'm not going to invest any more effort into trying to determine if and who stole the ramp....... just seems like the only explanation.

IF it did fall out of the trailer as I was running around, I'm just hoping no one got hit by it or had a tire/wheel/oil pan destroyed because of it.

Oh well. I'm donning my welding helmet and gonna go burn some wire so I can get back to bizzness.

Oh, and regarding Skully's story......... that "borrowing of license plates" thing happens a whole lot more than you'd think. I've contacted tons of owners of vehicles that appear to have been abandoned or illegally parked only for them to say "no, my car is still right where I left it - I'm looking at it right now." Then I go run the VIN and find that it's a stolen vehicle where the thief actually took the time to find another vehicle of the same color and similar year to steal the plate from......
true story.. happened to me in carlsbad,NM

Back