• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Favorite (v)auto part store?

Favorite part store?

• Total voters
I voted Napa for "Favorite" but if asked which I frequent it would be Autozone. I go online for everything and both Autozone and Oreilly will show you if your local store has the item. Oreilly goes a bit further and will help you find a store that has it if your local store doesn't. Napa is great for finding stuff that doesn't include "Make, Model, Year". They seem to still be able to think beyond the computer.

I'm not a fan of my local Napa after I tried to exchange a bad steering gearbox and they would not do it without a receipt. It wasn't so much their policy as it was that they simply did not want to try to help me at all. I was very disappointed in their lack of customer service on that issue. The employees of the place know me because I have spent so much money there. I buy most of my stuff at Vatozone or pep boys now. I only go to Napa if that is the only place that has what I need. Kinda sad because I was a loyal Napa shopper before.

I just hate how expensive Napa is. Even with the "AAA Card" whoo hoo..

And being in autoparts as much as I have been, I can assume that about 50-60% of the parts they offer and the parts autozone offers, are the same exact parts from the same factories, just in different named boxes. They are very proud of thier name and I guess have to pay for thier dumb comercials during ever NASCAR race lol...

I have a NAPA and a Vatozone in the same parking lot up here, so I’ll go to either/or, depending on who has what.

The place I really like is back in the other part of town I used to live, called STAR. That place is just neat. They always seem to have what I need, too, whether it’s a car part, a wrench, welding stuff, etcetera.

Star auto parts :) I managed the one on Est in San Berdo. That Was a great location. We used actual catalogs (yes it was about 20 yrs ago) and had it all or could get it.

Carquest is the favorite storefront

Vatozone most frequented due to hours / points (if it's not normal tune-up / maintenance / fluid crap I will either wait for Carquest or order through rockauto though)

Rockauto is the best

how are rockauto's parts quality compared to others? i've gotten some stuff through them like unit bearings for my saturn, but i was not impressed with those. the rest of the stuff was only like weatherstripping and signal lights, which all seemed ok, but hard to get wrong.

napa seems to be on par with everyone else as far as quality goes lately, but that wasnt always the case, they used to rock (no offense grimmy :) )
the fact that they can get most everything immediately is awesome though, i hope they continue that.

a agree with you 100%, but that's a topic for another thread ;)

how are rockauto's parts quality compared to others? i've gotten some stuff through them like unit bearings for my saturn, but i was not impressed with those. the rest of the stuff was only like weatherstripping and signal lights, which all seemed ok, but hard to get wrong.

i've bought a bunch of stuff through rockauto. only thing ive had issue with as a heater control valve for an XJ. it leaked after like a month, but not a bad leak so it was driveable. eventually replaced it with a napa unit lol. so far no more leak.

sorry grim but napa is garbage now, they absolutely suck and i will never give them a dime. and whats sad is i was RAISED in a napa! i have so many memories ofgoing with my dad to the local napa and hanging out buying parts and tools and being known, the owner of the store was our parts guy. my dad was the fleet mechanic for mcmillan farm managment so we were always in there buying parts to fix up cj7s the owner sold it they went corporate and now they dont know jack about anything, now i have an o'reillys a mile away they know me they know cars and they care. my local autozone has a jeep guy there and thats nice, my local pep is a joke and rockauto is badass! so there :p :D

Back