• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Fall Fling Raffle.

DrMoab

NAXJA Forum User
Use this thread as a list of all the local vendors we could and should talk to.

U4 (Sarge may still have a BDS lift we can use, I'll talk to him)
Fat Bobs
Auto Zone (Jerry)
Rigid Industries
Teraflex (they have been good to us before but are no longer very XJ involved)

I have no connection to any of these, but here is my knowledge of local vendors that have anything to do with XJs:

• 4 Wheel Parts
  • Tom Wood's
  • Mt Logan Off Road
  • Sexton Off Road
  • Corbeau
  • Rocky Road Outfitters

Then there's the Moab companies:

• Moab 4x4 Outpost
  • Moab Jeep Supply (not sure if they sell much or just do repairs...)
  • NAPA
  • O'Reilly
  • PartsPlus (AKA: Moab Auto Parts)

Some other things to consider - steelership and apparel makers?

• Larry H Miller, Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep
  • Ogio

Lastly, is there a reason we don't reach out to non-local vendors? some big names in the XJ crowd come to mind:

• TNT
  • RuffStuff
  • Clayton
  • Brown Dog
  • Rubicon Express
  • Etc...

And while I have no connection to any of these companies, if someone give's me the standard NAXJA Sponsor-give-me-some-stuff pitch, I'll walk into any of these places and try to get some stuff! (It seems like we should be able to at least get some apparel or a gift card from anyone...)

Almost all of the big name vendors you named are national sponsors and kind of off limits however we will get stuff through them via the national sponsorship program.

Kurt @cruiseroutfitters has always donated and been good to us granted he's a Toyota guy he supports all aspects of off-road. As well as Dave from trasharoo supported the IC many times when I ran it. Gave away a few bags. Tom woods was already mentioned but he supported NAXJA many times. I know Steve nance from Moab 4x4 outpost supported the IC as well.

Moab Outfitters / Notch Customs in Orem are XJ owners. Russ Bartholomew is the owner and they attended the October run last year and I wheeled with them on several trails. Good guys.

The Prime 4x4 group was with us as well.

Dennis Wood at Teraflex is a good resource, but we need to specify stuff that is not rig specific, like tow straps, wheel spacers, shock stem eliminators, etc., as they are pretty much out of the XJ lift business.

Ryan, when cleaning out my brother's house, I found a new, never-worn leather jacket from Tom Woods. Black, extra-large. I guess he won it a couple of years ago in Pennsylvania, but never wore it as he wore medium. I am willing to donate it for the cause if you think we can get away with "Reraffling" items.

Yes you can ask Janine (j-9) she has reraffled a tom woods jacket almost every fall fling. And she either wins it back or a different one. They seem to be attracted to her. :)

I dropped by Tom Wood's shop this week, as I was in the area and we hadn't chatted for a while. I mentioned the Fall Fling and he said to hit him up for some raffle stuff. He's off to EJS for a week but I'll be talking with him in a few and will have more details about what he would like to contribute.

Back