• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Failed CA Smog weird results.

I passed smog today. I was told that last week they started using a new smog check machine. They no longer have to put the jeep on the dyno so it passed. Before going in I bought a bluetooth obd2 adaptor and downloaded the Torque app. The voltage on the second O2 sensors was fluctuating quite a bit so this just confirmed that my Cats are bad but if the state says they are good than that works for me. I am still trying to figure out the app and see if it will tell me if the timing is good or not.

I passed smog today. I was told that last week they started using a new smog check machine. They no longer have to put the jeep on the dyno so it passed. Before going in I bought a bluetooth obd2 adaptor and downloaded the Torque app. The voltage on the second O2 sensors was fluctuating quite a bit so this just confirmed that my Cats are bad but if the state says they are good than that works for me. I am still trying to figure out the app and see if it will tell me if the timing is good or not.

Sweet, they started doing plug in only smogs?

The way he explained it to me is only 2000 + vehicles. I could be wrong but that is what is what he told me. I always have a hard time believing the dude at a test only place. Its like taking advise from the high school student working the late shift at Autozone.

And yes I will replace the Cats when I have some extra money. I just glad I don't have to shell out $650 between now and Oct. Thanks again for all the input.

Back