• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Extremely Urgent Johnson Valley Action Needed

The problem with fees is that almost none of it ever gets spent they way we are told it will be.
ding ding...

Glamis is a perfect example... the fee's out there are OUTRAGEOUS and they rake in MILLIONS every single large weekend.

And yet, the BLM released a press release saying they are no longer going to have the dumpsters out there because they can't afford them... Huh?

ding ding...

Glamis is a perfect example... the fee's out there are OUTRAGEOUS and they rake in MILLIONS every single large weekend.

And yet, the BLM released a press release saying they are no longer going to have the dumpsters out there because they can't afford them... Huh?

Sounds kinda like where I work...

And what constitutes an "event"?

Actually, the better question is what constitutes a group? And the answer depends entire on where you are and which federal agency manages the land.

In Moab, a group is 50 vehicles or more.

In the Mojave Desert Preserve, a group is either 7 vehicles or 15 people. Anything large requires a permit from the Park Service.

Within the boundaries of the Las Vegas field office of the BLM, a group is anything consisting of more than one vehicle. Yes you read that right, two vehicles together on a trail is a group and might actually require a permit to recreate. Amazing, but true.

All I'm saying is be very careful in the way you craft your letters or all we end up doing is opening up an entire new can of worms.

JV is controlled by the BLM. Probably the Needles Field office. I'm not sure where they draw the line on group.

ding ding...

Not only that but they are closing down the washes. The railroad doesn't want anyone using their road anymore. To many idiots getting killed.

Well, for what it is worth, I sent my e-mail to both addresses. :dunno:

Back