• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Extended bump stops

Dirt22

NAXJA Forum User
My wife won a set of 35" Cooper Discoverers at an event last weekend, she MADE me put them on (I didn't want to, I was fine with the 33s!!)

Anyhow, I bought the Daystar extended bump stops for the front, and at full stuff, I still have about 2" between the bump stop and the pad on the axle it's s'posed to contact.

Does anyone make longer bumpstops than the Daystar ones?

98 XJ 4.5" RC lift, 1" spacers on top of the springs

Add two hockey pucks to each side. Attach them to the spring plates. Ya know what your coils mount to on the bottom. Pucks are usually $2 a peice.

sent from my mind because I'm so Awesome!

you drill a a whole in the center of your coilbucket and they come with or should come with a self tapping bolt

Hard to see in the pic, but when I bought my XJ, it had some aluminum bump stops on the coil buckets.

I needed a bit more when I installed a new set of shocks.

I grabbed 2 hockey pucks and drilled holes in the center, then bolted them under the aluminum stops using longer bolts.

The pucks are the same diameter as the aluminum stops.

Not sure who makes the aluminum ones. I also have the RE extended stops at the top.
IMG_20110311_115239.jpg

:worship: Cool, Thanks guys.
I'll have to pull it all apart again, but I think I'll drill and tap the bucket and bolt in some pucks.

When you do the pucks. Countersink the hole on the highest one to to keep the bolt head out of the way of the top bump

Sent from my mind using the force

I machined what is essentially a hockey puck from high impact PVC and also run an extended stop. Unless you cut a lot for up-travel you'll have to add some more spacers... I agree with countersinking the mounting bolt.

Kinda tough to see in this picture.

BumpStops-03-07-11008.jpg

do it up. the coil hat has enough material to tap. I tapped mine and am running a 3/8-16 hexagonal socket and it torques down nicely.

I think I have some 3" delron at work, I'll turn it on the lathe and throw a 7/16th bolt thru it.

Thanks again fellas.
golden... ill take 2, 4" tall.

id recomend if (for example) you have 2 inches to fill before full bump and you start tearing stuff apart, make the bottom bumps 3 inches tall to acomidate for any compression in the upper bump.

do it up. the coil hat has enough material to tap. I tapped mine and am running a 3/8-16 hexagonal socket and it torques down nicely.
agreed. drill, tap, install. most aftermarket lower bumps have a recessed area to fit the bolt.

I would like to know how you guys got the Daystar extended bumps installed in the columns. The poly stops are wider than the steel posts they are supposed to fit into.

Anyway. Hockey pucks work well for extending my RE bumps.

With the coil out, I dropped my truck down until the extended stop was pressed into position. It's the easiest was to get them to press over that lip. Lube helps; doesn't it always. :lickout:

Back