• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Exploding Muffler

Yeah I see the burn marks on either side, I was wrong in assuming. Didn't mean to upset you there Darky !!! I turned the signature off for tapatalk btw. Is there a speeding violation as well if you're good at typing to, lol
Who's angry? The only thing I'm angry at is that my vehicles are apparently conspiring against me...both start crappin up at the same time? I smell conspiracy! :D

I left out the 85 Nissan that's needed a transmission for the past year...;-)

New distributor cap and ignition coil installed, took the truck all the way to 65 and no symptoms of the problem. :clap: I declare it safe to reinstall an exhaust system. I'll still see about getting the carb jetted and tuned, but I'm just happy it's not bucking and freaking out anymore. :D

It's been running right at 9 for the two I've tracked. Now that's drivable again, I'll track the next couple also.

New exhaust is done finally. Single 2.5" with a Flowmaster Super 40. Still a little loud outside, which is fine, but quiet inside, which is GREAT! :D

Back