• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Expedition Trophy

TORX

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Member
Anyone ever heard of the Expedition Trophy winter rally? I ran across it the other day, and it looks like a lot of fun. It's a 7,500 mile team event across the trans Siberian Highway.

Get it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xqZnmtyKT_M

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/4329647.stm

su_arhangelsk-01.jpg

su_arhangelsk_uskov-57.jpg

et2006-11.jpg

et2006-41.jpg

I'm always amazed by some of the events going on in other countries. Australia's Outback Challenge is another awesome one.

That looks pretty sweet for sure. I'd love to be in a position to check that out, and being able to see another country in an experience like that would be awesome.

In the mean time, I guess watching youtube videos once in awhile will have to do.

That's about as rad as rad can get! I would definitely need an exernal heater for my cab! That was the first thought after seeing those pics. I wish I could be retired and doing all this stuff already.

Too bad we have waaaay too many tree huggers over here to have anything close to that in the states. That would be sweet.

one of the salem jeepers did it. and he said after the trip, it wasent worth shipping the jeep back... looks fun! looks harsh.
I would imagine to compete overseas it would probably be cheaper in the long run to buy a rig over there ready to go, or sell it after your done to recoup some money.

That's awesome a local wheeler from the NW has competed in it.

Isn't there a rally thing like that once a year here in washington? I say we get a team for that

I just read their site, a team consists of 2 vehicles and 2 people per vehicle, so 4 people and 2 trucks. That's awesome. I'm sure we could figure something out. I know my rig is to small but it sounds sweet, especially these parts:

Roll Cage or Hard Top (Roll Cage Strongly Recommended!)
But we can tell you that you need to be prepared for anything we throw at you, and be prepared to be on your own for at least a 24 hour period.
This would include any possible medical emergency's or trail repairs...
We cannot stress it enough! Be prepared!

TTCW was actually cancelled last year because there were not enough teams entered for the event.

So if you guys are thinking about doing it, i'd highly recommend signing up ASAP so it doesn't get scrapped again.

We need someone to beat this year !

icon12.gif

ya torx thats what i was thinkin. lol holy cow think my rig will be ready for 2012 by the looks of the picts lol.

Back