• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Exhaust work local and opinion on a header i saw on ebay

XJ96Classic

NAXJA Forum User
Anyone have an opinion on this header?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...STRK:MEWA:IT&viewitem=&item=370024590624&rd=1

Also i am in need of some exhaust work... headers and the tailpipe section. Also would like to eliminate that harsh clearance bend that was stock on the front pipe/downpipe.

Do any of you have welding skills or exhaust experience and want to take on the job and make a few $.. I am in a gated community currently and have no space to work on it . .

Sorry can't answer your question on the header but there is agreat muffler place in Westminster called Plaza Muffler. They have been doing all my exhaust work for years.

Plaza Muffler 13282 Golden West st Westminster CA 92683 714-891-4050

XJ96Classic said:
Anyone have an opinion on this header?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=024&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&viewitem=&item=370024590624&rd=1

Also i am in need of some exhaust work... headers and the tailpipe section. Also would like to eliminate that harsh clearance bend that was stock on the front pipe/downpipe.

Do any of you have welding skills or exhaust experience and want to take on the job and make a few $.. I am in a gated community currently and have no space to work on it . .

From what I've been reading it is very common for stock exhaust manifolds and aftermarket headers on 4.0L engines to crack. My stock manifold cracked, then I bought a Doug Thorley header which cracked in two places before 8000 miles. Do a search and you'll find all brands of headers have cracking issues. For my third one, I bought the cheapest eBay header I could find. It was under $100 and is working great. My point is I don't think it is worth it to spend big bucks on a name brand header if there's a chance of having to replace it again down the road. I've read about cracks in every brand.

desertracer said:
From what I've been reading it is very common for stock exhaust manifolds and aftermarket headers on 4.0L engines to crack. My stock manifold cracked, then I bought a Doug Thorley header which cracked in two places before 8000 miles. Do a search and you'll find all brands of headers have cracking issues. For my third one, I bought the cheapest eBay header I could find. It was under $100 and is working great. My point is I don't think it is worth it to spend big bucks on a name brand header if there's a chance of having to replace it again down the road. I've read about cracks in every brand.

thanks... i will keep that in mind.
i think that i have replaced every part of this exhaust once ... the muffler and tailpipe is about to be on the 3rd set..

price i paid for having it in connecticut salt/sand/rain/snow for 10 years.
but paint looks good still.. lol no sun to make it fade...

hellbilly04 said:
Sorry can't answer your question on the header but there is agreat muffler place in Westminster called Plaza Muffler. They have been doing all my exhaust work for years.

Plaza Muffler 13282 Golden West st Westminster CA 92683 714-891-4050

okay, i will give them a call.. should i mention you sent me?

... i thought you did your exhaust work yourself.. didn;t you send me a msg saying that a while back when i said i had a cracked header? Thanks for the offer btw... i'm just thinking now that i need to stop making these little quick fixes all the time and actually be prepaired that i will prolly own the rig for a few more years.

Back