• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

exhaust question

Status
Not open for further replies.

G.P_XJ

NAXJA Forum User
My buddy just gave me a cherry bomb glasspack for free (brand new) but do i need to run a cat with it? If i dont run one will i have back pressure problems?

The cherry bomb is a 3 inch inlet and outlet and only 12 inches long. I have another exhaust that i can bolt up for emissions testing so thats no worry.

Thanks
Garrett

Removing or modifying emmisions equipment is against federal law. Keep the cat, the muffler alone will free up some ponies for ya.

My buddy just gave me a cherry bomb glasspack for free (brand new) but do i need to run a cat with it? If i dont run one will i have back pressure problems?

The cherry bomb is a 3 inch inlet and outlet and only 12 inches long. I have another exhaust that i can bolt up for emissions testing so thats no worry.

Thanks
Garrett

Ah, the constant variations on the theme.

It is streng verboten to remove an Original Equipment (OEM) emissions control device without prior authorisation (and I'd really like to know how you get it!) from EPA and other relevant environmental control agencies (like CalEPA.)

This applies to any vehicle operated on a public roadway in the United States. Period.

So, let's hammer out a couple of things:

1) Thou Shalt Not Speak of Removal of an Emissions Control Device (however asinine that device may be.)

2) Thou Shalt Not Speak of Removal of an Emissions Control Device in between Emissions Testing Periods (there is constant talk of adding roadside emissions monitoring - do you want to take the chance that it's already in place?)

3) Thou Shalt Not Speak of any Modification that May Attract the Attention of EnvironMENTAL Groups - as they give us enough grief as it is. (Don't know about you - but I think we have enough trouble for EPA and BLM as it is - I don't want to get Greenpeace et al involved in the fight against us. Liberals love to be organised and regimented - and they always seem to have more money than us. I don't want that headache - I suspect you don't, either.)

I trust this closes the matter just as thoroughly as I have closed this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back