• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Ever had a can of coke blow up in your car?

zfinger said:
I had my friend slide the passanger seat back in my XJ while wheeling and poke a hole in a can of AXE.

My question is: Why do so many people have AXE (the bodyspray, for those smartasses that were going to make a joke) in their Jeeps??? You know the girls won't flock to you like they do in the commercials right? :D

This thread is worthless witout pics:)

I'd have taken pictures, but it's really hard to see in person....much less a small picture on the internet. I wiped off the windows and rearview mirror...the rearview mirror received the brunt of the spray.

SpartanToJo said:
I had ants move into my '93 XJ from an old wood trailer that I was towing and had left connected overnight.

I tried EVERYTHING to get rid of them. I thought that removing the carpet (and seats, and console) and herculining the interior would get rid of them. Nope. I put out ant traps, sprayed Raid Ant Killer EVERYWHERE, left the Jeep baking in the summer sun at the airport for a week, nothing worked. They stayed around for two summers, but disappeared after a particularly frigid Michigan winter. I never figured out where they were living. They weren't under the carpet (obviously), in the seats, or in the frame rails...

Sometimes the old remedies work just fine. Sprinkle a little sugar water or honey water mix on some Borax and spread it around the carpets. It is pretty much harmless to human or animal (in small quantities), soaks up foul odors and constipates ants to death. Anti freeze is also supposed to kill them pretty quick, stuff tastes good.
Just don't put it on too thick, certain mushrooms like Borax for some reason.
If your Borax suger mix does get moldy, antifreeze kills mold. I use my old antifreeze as a wood preservative, works just fine. You can even mix it with water based paint. An anti Freeze/Borax mix works pretty darned good against wood beetles.
Old anti freeze works slowly but well as a rust remover, throw some old rusty bolts into a can of old anti freeze and leave them in there for a week or so, they come out pretty darned clean.
A hundred and one uses for Borax and old anti freeze:).

I worked in Yellowstone National Park one summer, one of the guys there had a cannister of bear mace in his car... it exploded.. he couldnt drive his car for about 2 weeks as it aired out.

Back