• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Event stuff we need to talk about.......

See? Blaming it on the young guys....:D
Who says I'm old? Oh wait.....I just don't recover like you young guys do. :doh:
Kejtar said:
yeah... you were like a mile out and away from the main camp. I felt as though I need to hitchhike to make it back! ;)
Gawd (figure of speach) it was nice!!!!!

Kejtar said:
4. If you want peace and quiet either invest into some really good sleeping meds or ear plugs or camp away from the main camp where it will be peace and quiet.
Bingo!!!!!

Its the same way when an older guy walks up to a younger guys fire.
*shrug*

NOPE! I brought enough jello shooters to wrestle in. Well we had two "older" guys in camp. One when I got there and one that arrived later. Both got handed jello shots within minutes! One never even had one before and was down till we told him he had to use his tongue. haha

4. If you want peace and quiet either invest into some really good sleeping meds or ear plugs or camp away from the main camp where it will be peace and quiet.

What's funny is that Ben said damn near the same thing, and people got on him. Truthfully, nobody got that out of hand over the weekend. John Law showed up, talked to us, and was on his way. No drama, no tickets, no arrests. If we had been that unruly, someone would be wearing steel bracelets or paying off a fine right now. Seems like the weekend has been dramatized a little bit too much by now. Everyone had fun, some didn't sleep as well as they'd like to, but that's life. Now let's quit beating a dead horse and start planning the next one. :cheers:

\Truthfully, nobody got that out of hand over the weekend.

dude did i mention im sorry for that haymaker to the face.

oh and mike i still owe you for throwing a case of water, a bottle jack, tire iron, and rocks at me while passed out.

Nobody got that outta hand? Uhm, yeah they did. sorry. I've been there. But 3am screaming "FUCK YOU, I DARE YOU TO COME TELL US TO SHUTUP". yeah thats outta hand. Screaming for the hell of it at 3 am. Even I can get loud but I know when to STFU. There is a point in the night that people need to recognize the general camps level of activity and match it. And screaming at the top of your lungs just to provok is not the kind of thing to get one invited back in the future.
My generator was the last one to go off. yeah I left it on till about 2am on saturday. And I had both Josh, his dad, and Mike G tented within about 20' of it.
I don't remember giving anyone the stink eye. I was talking with Matt about crop harvest and stuff. Us farmers tend to talk farm stuff.

Hey Goat, I'll admitt, I was a little off last year. I can't explain it. I was just bothered. So this year I did what I did and had a great weekend and I will be back next year.
But I hope that next year I can bring my son. And if that happens, I will be looking to camp in a group that will keep some sense of quiet, or should I say, lack of chaos. The main camp was fairly respectable. But there were 2 side camps that were not.

Nobody got that outta hand? Uhm, yeah they did. sorry. I've been there. But 3am screaming "FUCK YOU, I DARE YOU TO COME TELL US TO SHUTUP".

I might have already been passed out when that happened. And like I said Ryan, you're one of the coolest dudes on NAXJA, I have nothing but positives about you man. But just so everyone does know, there were some knuckleheads camped near us, that were not with us. They ended up getting mixed in with our group, and we end up guilty by association.

YES. if you can believe it they even got the boot from OUR camp. the guys with the lifted manche

i was too drunk to remember any of this.

someone said i peed in their fire for them being gay.

good times.

I might have already been passed out when that happened. And like I said Ryan, you're one of the coolest dudes on NAXJA, I have nothing but positives about you man. But just so everyone does know, there were some knuckleheads camped near us, that were not with us. They ended up getting mixed in with our group, and we end up guilty by association.

Are these the same people that while me and my co-pilot were out with the aftershock run, decided that even though we left about 100 jello shots they figured it was cool for them to take EVERY FAWKING LAST ONE from MY cooler and then proceed to litter the camps with all the little cups!? Thats my only real grip and will say that I am not bring anything more then my car, and maybe a few others that I KNOW, will consume and unfortunately feel I will need to look my shit up while I am not in camp.

Oh and can WE please identify these idiots???? SO I knwo who I am dealing with for the future events?

I had a blast, and I appreciate all the work that Richard puts into this. I was pretty much OK with everything until the gun play started. Guns are cool by me, but there was no need for shooting guns that close to camp, not to mention that only shotguns are legal to shoot in Johnson Valley.

If some guys want to party all night, then go for it. But please keep the music low, and your voices down, and have a little respect for those who want to sleep. And I agree with the whole running the generator all night thing, seriously if you are that worried about your battery draining then maybe you should have some respect for others camp away from the group.

This year I hung out with the quiet crowd went to bed early, last year I stayed up and hung out with the rowdy group one night. I had fun both times, but at least I can remember what happend this year. :anon:

I honestly believe that like minded people should stick together, while at camp, and on trail runs. This makes for a fun time for all, no hurt feelings or egos to clash with. The point of this whole Goatfest thing is have fun, hang out, and play with the Jeeps you spent way too much time and money building. Just make sure your way of having fun doesn't interfere with another person's idea of having fun.

For the record, I slept through just about everything and wasn't bothered at all.

Yeah no kidding. Who was firing off guns?

The same fawks that you guys said took most of the jello shots I think. But since I was on my way to the bar and resturant and leaving figured oh well...

The same fawks that you guys said took most of the jello shots I think. But since I was on my way to the bar and resturant and leaving figured oh well...

Was it the blonde kid with the white lifted Commanche? I honestly never saw the gun, but I definitely heard it.

Was it the blonde kid with the white lifted Commanche? I honestly never saw the gun, but I definitely heard it.
That WAS the camp site yes... Who was this??

Hate to say it, but all those dudes were Marines on leave. One of those dumbshits just about made our night even worse, when the Ranger shows up and he starts mouthing off to him.

If you step back and read this, you can see how it can get out of hand, First, as soon as gun's come out, it is always bad. It just gives more reason to close down our area's, this is the crap that some a-hole gets on video and plays in public to hurt our cause. If I would of been camping and had kids, heard someone shooting near me, you could be sure someone would had been leaving, say what you want, someone getting shot is not funny. Plus it brings the cops.

As much as rules are a pain, I camp with a group who has a simple set of rules that in the beginning I thought was stupid.

No riding or generators before 7:00 am
No riding in camp
No loud music after 11:00
Half of the group party's till after midnight or later, but no one gets pissed, and its really easy for everyone to chill for long 3-4 day trips.

shomsky wasnt the bad one it was his other jarboni friends that were irritating...i know shomsky out here on base and hes cool as hell...but the company he brought with him needed to get bens haymaker instead of bryce!
If it is the same guy, he goes by Shomsky around here. EDIT: Yes he is a Marine (god help us).

Like I said, I don't know for sure who was doing the shooting.

Back