• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Event Information

QUOTE=JohnX;244910431]Runs are never decided until Saturday morning. :([/QUOTE]
That's to avoid the whole "event with permits and craptons of paperwork & additional costs" scenario.

We'll be trying to offer as wide of a variety of runs as possible, covering all build levels.

If you're wanting to try a run that you are told requires more build than you have, you can always try talking to the run leader & state your case--it's pretty much their final call, and there may be extenuating circumstances. But if it's still "no", please take it gracefully, and enjoy the heck out of whatever you run instead.

If there are build requirements, we just have to remember that it's for the good of all involved... If you have 20 rigs run John Bull and it takes all day because one rig that wasn't built up enough for it went, and broke something and/or got stuck & winched repeatedly, that's really not fair to the other 19 folk on that run.

If you snap an axle shaft because you did a hard run on a Dana 35 with 35" tires (or any number of other combinations), you just made a poor choice and inflicted that choice on everyone on that trail with you :twak:.
Breakage and carnage can happen to the best built rigs (even ones that are way overbuilt for what they're running), due to accumulated wear and tear, or inattention. We're just trying to avoid the avoidable, so everyone has the best time possible!

There are many many runs I'm not built up enough for, and I just sigh, curse my bank account, and enjoy doing what my rig is capable of. Or I grab shotgun and go along for the ride. I always have fun anyway!

I'd say that's my 2 cents worth, but it's long enough that maybe it's my 2 dollars worth!

Carol

It'll be "brisk"!!

I'll simmer a pot of water in the Egg... rather than an Egg in a pot of water =)

I know Karen has a Coleman Tent Heater. You're not supposed to leave it on when you're sleeping, but it'll take the chill off before you jump into your sleeping bag.

I'll just pile on the sleeping bags Thurs, and make a daughter or 2 sleep next to me Friday & Saturday =).

COleman tent heaters here as well. I tend to fire it up a little while before I plan to go to bed so the tent gets warm, get in my bag and then turn it off, and then turn it on in the morning to warm up the tent before I venture out of my bag.

I remember that year and I slept in a freakin' tent.

me too, that was the year I brought my kids up and they played with the damn tent all day and broke the zipper. i slept in a tent with NO DOOR and it was windy as all hell. thank god the wife n kids could all fit in the jeep together, but i slept on the ground with an emergency blanket covering me in an open tent all night. not fun lol

What, no duct tape for tent repair ? I froze Friday and was even more frozen Saturday....even with the tent heater going all night. I unzip a window a bit to replace the air the heater consumes. Next year, I'll try 2 heaters !

Back