• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Evans Creek Oktoberfest: 10/22 - 10/24

Tentatively in.

I believe with the new maps there is a measurement that xj's dont fit. Its on NWWheelers. I dont care just thought I'd post.

I believe with the new maps there is a measurement that xj's dont fit. Its on NWWheelers. I dont care just thought I'd post.

The restriction is 72" in width.

I just went out and checked and I'm at about 73" (well...The tape measure fell and I kinda guessed from there) in width in the front end, and I'm wider that most, so as a group I don't think we should have any trouble...but I could be wrong.

FWIW, I'm on a D30 axle, 3.25BS rims (counting my spacers), and 12.5 wide tires.

Last edited:
Guess I'm glad I never had my beadlocks mounted.

The restriction is 72" in width.

I just went out and checked and I'm at about 73" (well...The tape measure fell and I kinda guessed from there) in width in the front end, and I'm wider that most, so as a group I don't think we should have any trouble...but I could be wrong.

FWIW, I'm on a D30 axle, 3.25BS rims (counting my spacers), and 12.5 wide tires.

EDIT: Using this found on NW-wheelers you can find you width... https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0Apc20tkzrS15dFAwU296YjR4ZFJxbW5wdTZfUWI0bGc&hl=en#gid=0

According to that I'm just under 75" wide.

(NAXJA wouldn't let me edit my original post, as usual)

Sorry I was going to cut and paste but been busy at work.

Should be in much better shape for this, I think I have solutions to all my concern points with my rig.

Im REALLY hoping to be able to make this. But I probably would want to hold off on building up a clean jeep just to take it there and tear it up huh?

Im REALLY hoping to be able to make this. But I probably would want to hold off on building up a clean jeep just to take it there and tear it up huh?
not really if you pay attention and have sliders or rocker replacements you'll be fine.

Yea, that was my plan before I ran the busy wild. But never got around to putting sliders on. lol And there was no way I was gonna let those toyota guys give me crap for not running my jeep. :gee:

I might be in for this, but from what I hear Evans is a joke now. They are making the trails way to easy and closing off all the fun spots.

Go to a WOW meeting and hear this all for yourself before you take my word for it though.

-Alex

I might be in for this, but from what I hear Evans is a joke now. They are making the trails way to easy and closing off all the fun spots.

Go to a WOW meeting and hear this all for yourself before you take my word for it though.

-Alex

You sir, would be correct. They have made its to you could almost drive a Prius up 311a. They filled in the holes on the 311 "gatekeeper" and about 1/2 way up 311 there was a little rock face obstacle that has been open (although likely not an intended part of the trail) for the last 3+ years.

So basically there is no decent wheeling left that isn't a long drive. Whos up for Naches or TSF?

I wouldn't go that far. Since they've been working on Evans I have only seen the chages to 311. I haven't been back in a couple months now so they may have done more work and made more of Evans easier, I'm not sure. There is still plenty of good/fun stuff at Evans, its not worth moving the event over.

I plan on running Evan's next weekend with a couple friends and will report back on what I see.

Yes, some of the problem areas have been repaired, to prevent further erosion. While this may make those sections of THAT trail easier, the rest of it has been pretty much untouched. Also, while those sections were easy all summer, this run is being planned for end of October. There will still be LOTS of challenging sections with the hillclimbs all greasy and muddy.

J

THey have worked on more than just the 311. 520 & 198 have had all the good stuff blocked.

So basically there is no decent wheeling left that isn't a long drive. Whos up for Naches or TSF?

Im always up to wheel naches and rimrock. Only an hour drive or so. Just let me know.

Back