• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Engine misfire after repair... Help please?

drcomanche

NAXJA Forum User
So, I decided to undertake a more difficult repair today, and replaced my exhaust manifold, fuel injectors, and gaskets. It went smoothly, I reinstalled everything, but when i went to start it, it is missing BAD. I pulled plugs to see what wasnt going and cylinder 6 isnt firing at all anymore. I didnt have a chance to check any others before it stalled out. It smelled like solid gasoline everywhere, but there was no leaking. I restarted it and this time unplugged my Air charge temp sensor and the engine didn't change at all. Whenever I rev it slightly, it stutters when I let go and almost stalls. After about a minute running I can hear it very loudly start to pull in as much air as possible causing the engine rpms to slightly rise. I went to autozone and bought a new air charge sensor, but it still isn't doing anything. It's smoking a lot, and I'm not sure what the problem is.

Considering this is my daily driver, I need it back up and running asap... Any help is greatly appreciated.

Back