• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Electrical Issues?

Yes I have tested it and it tests bad. But when i take out the alternator to warranty it passes the bench test. That's why I am leaning towards a wiring issue. But I am going to switch my wife's alternator with mine first

Drop the alternaator on the ground and snap a mounting ear off. Take it back to Pepboys and have it replaced. Their bench tests do not put a load on them and only check output voltage. It is failing under a load. More than likely the internal regulator is bad. I have had to do ths with a RetardZone alternator.

Quick easy way to check and see it if is putting out under a load is remove the positive terminal from the battery when it is running. It should stay running if the alternator is any good.

At the alternator shop now. Did the pull the positive battery cable test and it shut off. (Though the shop guy said I should never do that. )

Alternator shop said the brushes on the alternator are bad. Going to go get it warrantied. They said it's common on Chrysler alternators to fool the auto store test. Ace alternators in Santa Fe springs took good care of me with no charge!

Back