• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

electric fans opinion

MaineJeepah said:
Since I always seem to look like a jerk anyway...

I am thinking of doing 3 10" slimline fans... I want to use the 97 switch/sensor that reduces current/resistance at different temperatures. I want to wire that signal into 3 different relays that each open at different resistances, so that as the truck slowly heats, the fans turn on in succession. This will keep things nice and cool, and reduce cycling and abrupt temp changes. At 1000+ cfm each, I think that the 10" will work well enough that the third fan may never have occasion on trun on. Also, since they are 10" they should, reducing the issues needing a shroud for the lower portion of the fan. I wasn't sure if 3000 cfm would be enough, and I couldn't find anything when I searched... cfm ratings never came up... until the above post showed up... :)

Have you seen this yet?...
http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=54688

No, I had not... THANK YOU! I am going to attempt to make a 3 fan variable speed controller. (I'm an idiot). If I am successful, I will put plans on here... should be interesting... This guy is going exactly what I was thinking of. I must really suck at searching since that never popped up in my searched either...

Thanks

BRad

MaineJeepah said:
No, I had not... THANK YOU! I am going to attempt to make a 3 fan variable speed controller. (I'm an idiot). If I am successful, I will put plans on here... should be interesting... This guy is going exactly what I was thinking of. I must really suck at searching since that never popped up in my searched either...

Thanks

BRad

Hey, I'd like to see that when it's done. I have a single perma-cool fan I am going to install ala GoJeep's write-up but the 3 fan setup looks interesting. BTW, whereabouts are you? I'm in the Waterville area.
Michael

I live in Hampden, work at Palmyra Golf Course. I have a 19115 that I am about to sell (perma-cool)... brandy new... It's not boxed yet, but that can be fixed...

I also have MANY parts jeeps if you need anything send me a pm.
Brad

privatejoker said:
Has anyone experimented with a pusher setup?
Pusher is not very effeicent and I think it was SummitRacing site that stated you must remove around 15% of the CFM rating if you place it in front of the radiator.

DirtyMJ said:
I'm not sure about the A/C - but I think there'd still be space enough to move the whole mess forward about 2" - which is all you need.

I just removed the clutch fan and bolted the pulley on without it. The belt routing is otherwise stock - but on my XJ I used the routing from Dr Dyno (or whatever his name is...) which eliminates the idler pulley and uses a 2.5L belt. Either works just as well. Other than the modified routing had clearance issues with my renix for some reason - angle grinder delt with that.
You can use a 2.5L belt? Does that go for a 98 with AC?

Slo-Sho said:
If anyone has access to a 'U pull it' type of salvage yard then I would certainly be on the look out for the 97+ 10 S blade fan. I'm running twin OEM 10 blade fans with the Modine copper/brass radiator and so far I've found this setup to be exemplary as far as cost, install, and most importantly...functionality.

DSC00531-1.jpg

On a side note, the throttle response post clutch fan removal is simply astounding. Good luck with whichever route you go.

A few questions....

How long have you run this setup?
Seasonal Temps where you live?
Do you use your Jeep to tow?
Auto or Manual tranny?

Thanks

jacked said:
what about this...http://store.summitracing.com/partdetail.asp?autofilter=1&part=FLX%2D60&N=700+4294908216+4294907470+4294924930+4294924500+4294840129+4294839058+4294838842+115&autoview=sku

i have it installed in my 89 s10 blazer but the things been sitting in my lower field for a year, if i can use it ill just install the stock fan back in it. it pulls like crazy but its thick. i wonder if i modify the housing/shroud enough and cut off the stock fan pulley if it would fit.

I think you might be able to take it out of its shroud and mount it in your stock one like this Perma cool 16" one shown on my site.

PermaCoolFan2.jpg

PermaCoolFan1.jpg

Back