• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Electric Fan test?

If the fan is no longer a problem, then you need to go back to basics. First make sure you have your belt routing correct since your had this part off.

Then make sure the rad is topped off and the overflow is filled to the correct level.

You may even need to flush it.

Belt is correct and fluid level is where is should be. When I put in the water pump is January I put in all new fluid, but when I took off the radiator cap today the fluid had some milky streaks in it. If the problem persists after tightening the belt and replacing the power steering pump then I am going to flush it (hopefully power flush it).

ehall said:
overheating + milkshake = blown head gasket

go to an auto store and get a coolant tester, costs $20 and looks like a turkey baster

Wouldn't I have coolant in the oil? I have checked the oil and is clean (recently changed so it is still very clear).

Wouldn't I have coolant in the oil? I have checked the oil and is clean (recently changed so it is still very clear).
Oil seperates and floats on top of coolant\water. Your dipstick doesn't go all the way to the bottom.

Back