• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Electric Fan swap gone wrong????

JNickel101 said:
The point Throttle was making is that you said you just went and bought a new fan, without checking to see if the other one was even working - by hooking it up to the battery directly.
Day of the week, and whether or not there was a mechanic open, has no bearing on this...

OK, Point well taken. Now i unplugged the CTS and guess what turn on the AC and the fan comes on, now i need to get a CTS.

OK, just bought a brand new Coolant temperature sensor and replaced it. Now again when i start the AC the aux fan does not start, the moment i disconnect the CTS sensor the fan starts, I am really stumped now. Any ideas??/

any ideas :dunno:

You had the answer in your original post! It's too cold. The a/c compressor won't run IIRC below 40 degrees. And if the a/c compressor isn't running, the fan won't come on, unless the engine temp turns it on. Wait for a day warm enough for the compressor to operate, then check it out!

MJmk said:
You had the answer in your original post! It's too cold. The a/c compressor won't run IIRC below 40 degrees. And if the a/c compressor isn't running, the fan won't come on, unless the engine temp turns it on. Wait for a day warm enough for the compressor to operate, then check it out!

That makes me feel a lot better, is that why the fan comes on after i unplug the CTS sensor?

Thanks a lot,
Ravi

No, it's a failure mode. If the ecm can't tell what the engine temp is, it turns the fan on as a default.

rav said:
That makes me feel a lot better, is that why the fan comes on after i unplug the CTS sensor?

Thanks a lot,
Ravi

OK, Thanks a lot!!!!:wave1:

Back