• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Electric Fan Conversion Kit

WebDog

NAXJA Forum User
Tired of the stock mechanical fan or worried about losing your radiator from the fan digging into it. Our electric fan conversion replaces the stock mechanical and electrical fan with three dual ball bearing 10″ electric fans, with an average combined CFM of 4,336 CFM.

We tested our fans and this is real world CFM numbers:

Average: 4,336.23
Min: 4,077
Max: 4,650

CNC Plasma Cut & Precision Bent Aluminum Shroud.

Fully Compatible with Stock, 2 row and 3 row OEM and aftermarket radiators. We have tested in house with OEM, Aftermarket OEM, Champion, and CSF with no fitment issues.

With the standard fan controller the fans are set to come on in two stages, the first fan will turn on at 185* and then the other two fans will turn on at 205*. This is a non programmable thermostatic switch made in Germany for the highest of quality

Kit comes in two versions:

Pre Wired: Kit comes wire harness already completed ready to use, just mount the fans on the shroud connect the push connectors to the fan, install the sensor probe and connect it to the battery.

Wire Yourself Kit: Kit comes with all wiring and connectors needed to install, this is great if you like customizing your wiring setup.

Fans are shown red in photos for illustration purpose.

http://www.dirtboundoffroad.com/featured/xj-–-electric-fan-conversion-kit/

After struggling the last few months to keep the fan kits in stock I made the decision to stock up on components and we now currently have over 50 kits in stock for quicker shipping!
No more waiting 1-2 weeks for your order to ship.

Order your fan kit today!

Hi
Are those CFMfigures for one fan only? Does it mean the three of them would pull at least 12.000 CFM through the radiator?
Thanks
Julian

Can I order just one electric fan? I have your three fan setup and my water pump got into the center fan. How do I go about just buying one fan from you?

Thanks!

Disclaimer: My water pump hitting the fan is due to poor motor mount bushings, not a design flaw with the product. I have been 100% pleased with DirtBounds product.

I installed this set up this weekend. I broke one of the tabs that holds the fan on the shroud. How can I get a replacement?

Sent

THANKS!!!

Man I'm loving the seat of the pants power and cooling of my Triple Threat kit.

But m MPGs dropped significantly. I was anticipating to increase a MPG or two by eliminating the mech fan. But I dropped 3 MPGs in the first two tankfuls since the swap.

I'm running 195 to 208 via ECM temps. Any thoughts?

Did you send that clip?

Last edited:
OK, need some help here........

In discussing the benefits of an all electric fan set up I have found mixed reviews.

The benefits of an all electric fan seem to be in the slow moving rock crawler type driving. When I approached a similar company with an all electric fan conversion, they had a chart with a rpm line where the original equipment mechanical fan + auxilary fan system actually drew in more air for better cooling.

Any higher RPM on hot Southwesten US highways experience with this unit.

How are the CFM compared to OEM at various RPM's.

Thanks,
Fred
Explorer 1

Back