• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Elbe Jan 2

mud1059

NAXJA Forum User
Stickin this feeler out there for folks. Anybody up north thinkin about making the trip can crash at my place if you'd like. I got an extra bedroom with a full bed and air mattresses to boot if there's several interested. Tons of room for trucks and trailers or even tents if you're lookin to freeze your ass off!

8:30 at the Eatonville grocery store sound good?

Man I want to go. Let me see whats up with the wife

I want to go, don't want to drive down from bham after new years though... I would be down for a trip before Christmas if you want to go then Paul, my front 44 will be in after this weekend and I should be wheelable by the weekend after...

-Alex

Interested...
Never been to Elbe, what's it like this time of year? Would I hate myself for no rocker protection?

~Scott

Interested...
Never been to Elbe, what's it like this time of year? Would I hate myself for no rocker protection?

~Scott

You would not like it much with out rocker guards.

Paul you camping? If not I might stay at your house.

You would not like it much with out rocker guards.

Good to know. Would that change at all if I said I plan on cutting my rockers out?

~Scott

Yep. Any one have a set of 2 33's or 5 35"s :eyes:

Good to know. Would that change at all if I said I plan on cutting my rockers out?

~Scott

Yes and no. Elbe itself has very mild trails and very difficult trails. The difficult ones are difficult. There is no denying it. Last time I was out on the Busy Wild (the hard trail) was just over a year ago now. It was in WAY better condition than I'm used to seeing. I've heard it's back to it's old glory now. Here's a couple pics from March of 07. I started the day with a front fascia/header panel :) Lost it 300 yards into it.

Please take special note of our tires. The white yota is on 36" Iroks and I'm on 33" Baja Claws. We both had ~90% tread. Our tires were gummed up the entire day.

IMG_0381.jpg

IMG_0380.jpg

IMG_0378.jpg

IMG_0371.jpg

IMG_0370.jpg

After:
IMG_0394.jpg

Just youtube "busy wild" :)

Paul you camping? If not I might stay at your house.

Hell no! It's cold!

I want to go, don't want to drive down from bham after new years though... I would be down for a trip before Christmas if you want to go then Paul, my front 44 will be in after this weekend and I should be wheelable by the weekend after...

-Alex

I dunno, I was gonna try and make it to Evan's the 12 to test out a couple rigs before we head up to Elbe. It's feasible, but I may ride shotgun with Josh just because I'm a poor bastard in unemployment.

Never been and would like to go but Jan might be tough. Where exactly is Elbe? I would be coming from Everett

Just mapquest the town Elbe. It's by Ashford and Mt Ranier NP.

~Scott

I'd be more worried about your doors not opening and closing afterward. It can be done, but I don't know what your rig looks like :)

Last edited:
I'd be more worried about your doors not opening and closing afterward. It can be done, but I don't know what your rig looks like :)

Fair enough, the rig is pretty clean. And I'd like to keep my DD in somewhat decent shape for opening the doors. Sounds like I should try and source some steel and a good welder!

~Scott

FWIW, I only had a few dents on my rig before I did the busy, it came out with significantly more. If you've seen my rig ever 80% of that is from 2 times through there, 1 being when I was still a pretty green wheeler.

You will get damage running the busy.

I ran Elbe a few years ago over the 4th of July. Me and a buddy went with a couple of Built TJ's on 35's. We were running 3" and 31's on our XJ's. Trails were really easy because it was so dry. The killer was the tree stumps in the middle of the trails. They were hitting our differentials and stopping us on a dime. Body damage did happen though.

WoW is having there hangover run that day too and they love to run the busy. So it will be busy on the busy that day. I`ll try and make it too. There site is WOW4x4.com

a little not too bad most damage was done to my rockers or lack of them now, i would like to go but i dont want to run the busy

Usually you can judge the busy by the first few hundred feet. I'm not 100% I'm going to hit it, but it is a possibility. One of the guys coming is the guy I had to drag through there in 07. There's still a bad taste in my mouth about that one. I'm sure he's going to want to prove himself tho because he hasn't wheeled since then.

Back