• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Economy is hitting a big parts company..

Anyone have any clue about Alloy USA. I know one of the guys who co-owned them went to another company and was supposed to start an axle line with similar quality.

Anyone have any clue about Alloy USA. I know one of the guys who co-owned them went to another company and was supposed to start an axle line with similar quality.

TenFactory is Ron, that used to be a part of AlloyUSA. Also part of MotiveGear.

www.tenfactory.com

Getting set up as a dealer as we speak, tired of not being able to buy alloy shafts from ANYBODY right now. Superior has great product but can't keep up with demand or production, Yukon is acceptable but they don't have anything either. Supposedly TenFactory has everything ready to ship.

J

Not really. Randy's will be using the same american made axle shafts, and selling them under the Yukon Hardcore line. I've seen the testing, and trust me improvements were made even over the Warn shafts.

Thats good to hear...

I hope its true.

Alloy China is now owned by Omix-ADA, the same company that does Rugged Ridge. They've been sending me new parts lists and price sheets lately.

I'm (was) a Detroit automotive quality engineer. Many people are laid off here and I was terminated (downsized) 4 months ago. Willing to work for 1/3 of my former pay, but no jobs available. Nobody is buying anything. From car parts to steaks. I don't know the answer, but our way of life is changing rapidly. We are all going to have to learn to get by on a whole lot less. The playing field we call planet earth is leveling off. We're leveling down while the rest of the world is leveling up. (China, etc.)

It seems to me that no one is buying anything on credit these days. But a lot of stuff is being purchased by people who can actually afford the stuff.

I hope Warn makes it and comes out as well as they went into this economic time. And having ripped into a few and sold components for them I can tell you there are a lot of outsourced pieces inside a Warn winch.

Sorry to hijack your post But it's kinda on the same subject.

I was in Fred Myers the other day to buy the kid a new pair of shoe's MADE IN CHINA $39.00 on sale for a pair of size 1's. So I start looking around I couldn't find 1 pair that were not made in China. I don't mind if they choose to sell stuff maid in China. But when I can buy a quality made boot(Redback made in Australia) off the Matco tool truck for $20. more then a pair of CAT or Georgia's made in China thats getting bad. How much can it cost to have them made and shipped from China I know they have to be making a 1800% mark up.

Dave

NO economy in the history of the world has been a long term success or leader in the world without being a net producer of hard goods... not services, but goods. If you want jobs for yourself, your children and your grand children, remember this fact every time you make a purchasing decision. I don't harbor protectionist feelings, but I do remind myself of this fact.... and sometimes I do without or simply choose to re-furb an old component because I don't choose to export more of my hard earned dollars. Our standard of living is going down, and unless we buy American goods, and encourage investment in our factories and our country, then it will continue in a downward spiral. In the business world, we call it the "death spiral".

Choose wisely.... :flame::flame:

NO economy in the history of the world has been a long term success or leader in the world without being a net producer of hard goods... not services, but goods. If you want jobs for yourself, your children and your grand children, remember this fact every time you make a purchasing decision. I don't harbor protectionist feelings, but I do remind myself of this fact.... and sometimes I do without or simply choose to re-furb an old component because I don't choose to export more of my hard earned dollars. Our standard of living is going down, and unless we buy American goods, and encourage investment in our factories and our country, then it will continue in a downward spiral. In the business world, we call it the "death spiral".

Choose wisely.... :flame::flame:

Part of the problem is that the goods have been purchased and the money has already left. You're "reimbursing" the retailer. The Chinese already have their money by the time the product hits the shelves and you can buy it. Heck, even the shipper has his money by the time the product is on the shelves.

I try to buy American when I can, especially when it comes to tools.

I work in a grocery store and we have to put country of origin labels on our meat products. Needless to say, many people are questioning us on beef from Mexico and China:scared:. Some of it is from the US and that's what I try to buy.

We just need to change the way we do things. We brought it all on our selves. American has come to mean, I want it now, cheap, in three flavors and I don't want to have to break a sweat to get it...

China will mature in a few years.. as their middle class grows and gets rich.. Then all the manufacturing will move to Vietnam, and other places that will do it cheaper.

There are a lot of things you can't buy US made. I don't think there are any stateside electronic component makers.

There a reason why we are the fastfood, preprocessed, junk food nation of the world.

The Anything for a buck... has sold our soul.

IM afraid your all right and its only gonna get worse the next 10 years will be brutal on the old USA:soapbox: we only have ourselves to blame heck i dont wanna spend alot of money when i can buy a winch for 1/2 the price cuz i probably wont use it much anyway.

IM afraid your all right and its only gonna get worse the next 10 years will be brutal on the old USA:soapbox: we only have ourselves to blame heck i dont wanna spend alot of money when i can buy a winch for 1/2 the price cuz i probably wont use it much anyway.

The one time, you pull that winch cable to get you out of a bad spot and PFFFFT oh what was that... you let the magic smoke out.. now the winch won't work... Then you end up spending twice as much as towing... etc...

maybe if they lowered there outrageous winch prices they would be doing much better....but I feel the pain everyday I wonder if and when im next on the list.

The problem with this idea is that it's not sound business practices to lower prices in order to survive. Restructuring is.

I also got information regarding ALLOY USA yesterday, they are now out of business.....

Back