• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Eautoworks harness issue....

God I love the web I am having the exact same issue you are having will have to test this tonight when I get off work.

Ivan do you have a pic of the jumper wire you used? Just so I know I'm on the same page. I am a visual person its easier for me to process it if I can see it.

Ivan do you have a pic of the jumper wire you used? Just so I know I'm on the same page. I am a visual person its easier for me to process it if I can see it.

I dont' have access to my camera right now, but it's really pretty simple.

You'll need about 2 inches of 16 gauge or so insulated wire, and two male spade ends that match about the same size of the spades on the fog light relay.

Solder the the two spade ends to the piece of wire; and plug each end into the corresponding spade slots, of where the fog light relay in your PCM use to be,
mentioned in my write up.

When I get my camera back, I'll post a pic....

The hi-beam / lo-beam sticking is an issue that sometimes pops up with aftermarket wiring harnesses.... Check out post # 7 in the following link for the fix that worked on my '98, which displayed the same symptoms you are experiencing....

http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=46483&highlight=

Thanks Ivan. I don't plan on using my fogs anyways since they were taken off when the bumper was trimmed. I'll pull those 2 fuses and see how that works out for me.

Thanks Ivan. I don't plan on using my fogs anyways since they were taken off when the bumper was trimmed. I'll pull those 2 fuses and see how that works out for me.

Worked like a Charm! Thanks again Ivan!

Here's a picture of what the jumper looks like in place....

Jumper.jpg

Here's a picture of what the jumper looks like in place....

Jumper.jpg

That allows for the fogs to work correctly right?

That allows for the fogs to work correctly right?

My fix was meant mostly to cure the hi and low beams staying on simultaneously issue, after I intalled an aftermarket headlight wiring harness and Hella E-codes, to replace the crappy stock head lights.

This fix also allowed me to use my stock fog light switch, to trigger the aftermarket Hella 500 fog light relay. The Hella 500 foglights replaced the not so impressive stock foglights. The now new "always available" fog light feature was an added bonus as a result of my fix to cure the headlight issue. Legally, this is not correct because now your fog lights will now work with the hi beams on.... but that's another topic of discussion.

Last edited:
Legally, this is not correct because now your fog lights will now work with the hi beams on.... but that's another topic of discussion.

Legally No but not sure why you'd need to use your fogs with your highs on anyways. :dunno:

Legally No but not sure why you'd need to use your fogs with your highs on anyways. :dunno:

With the OEM stock foglight set up, if you have your fogs on, they will shut off automatically when you hit the hi beams, and return to normal when you go back to low beams.

With my set up, the fogs are on all the time, plus they won't automatically shut off when you shut your head lights off. The switch stays hot at all times.

If you were to go for an annual inspection and the DMV sees this, they will make you fix it before they'll pass you. I was just throwing that out as a warning...

Or, just change the jumper in the PDC to the socket that is hot when the headlights are on. They will still function when the hight beams are on, but they will be off when the headlights are off.

On the 97+, if you look at the oem HDLT (driver's side) plug you'll notice 2 wires going into the "hi" side of the plug.

One of those wires is the ground for the fog light relay. The fog light relay grounds through the HI beam element.

If you ground it to the frame, the foglights will come on when the fog light switch is on and the hdlt switch is on (both hi and low).

Now to make this thing work like stock, you need to splice that wire into the "HI" side of the aftermarket harness. Then the fog lights will come on with low beam, and go off w/ HI beam.

I have mine grounded to the frame, there are lots of deer out here in the sticks.

Back