• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

early season ride

rusty_jigawahowski

NAXJA Forum User
a few of us from grand county are looking to go out monday for a shakedown before our moab trip in two weeks. any advice on what is open or good at this point in the season? looking for somewhere relatively close, possibly spring creek out of idaho springs? any input with recent trail status would be greatly appreciated! thanks!

With all the snow the resorts have been getting recently I have to say that spring creek is probably not passable. Maybe the gate keeper but once you get heading west on the shelf road the drifts will still be chilin'... Pun intended. I've heard they can last until may or early June.

Wish I could suggest some trails but there are few in prime condition in close proximity to spring creek... Maybe try left hand canyon in boulder? Lil snowy up there today I guess

didn't know there were other guys from the grand county area on here- can't help you with any trails open right now, but if you find some I'd love to tag along with you guys for a trail run

right now chinamens might be your best option....just doesnt fullfill the overly close part of the requirements

anything open around boulder? we might just try to hit up empire and idaho springs and ride what we can ride until we have to turn around. i love the snow, but come on man, im ready for the summer! all i wanna do is get some miles on my jeep to make sure its not gonna explode after all the winter projects! anybody else ride on sundays or mondays? those are our usual days off and we'd love to learn some new places.

What kind of wheelin are you looking for? There are a couple trails around Kremmling, Sidewinder and Trough (State Bridge) that should be open.

made it up to kremmling today and rode around there for a few hours. attempted side winder. jeep isnt quite what it needs to be yet to knock that one out! gave me some ideas on what i need to work on though! the rodes and trails were pretty dry up there, which is a little unusual for this time of year i think, but all in all it was a good shake down run for the beginning of the season.

Good deal. We will be doing Trough on May 22nd. if you are interested. I posted up some trail info/pics in the Colorado Satging Area.

Back