• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

eaautoworks harness

I plugged in the left side of the harness and the improvement is awesome. I was comparing to other cars, and the light is now as bright and white as late model vehicles' halogens. 65W will be another nice boost.

I take back what I said about the Autopals being high quality. When I took out my left one to plug in the harness, I noticed that the seal between the glass and the reflector is disintegrating, like it's been degraded by the heat. I think I will replace them with Hellas.

I take back what I said about the Autopals being high quality. When I took out my left one to plug in the harness, I noticed that the seal between the glass and the reflector is disintegrating, like it's been degraded by the heat. I think I will replace them with Hellas.

Those are nice. I have a friend with DOT hellas with silverstars and theyre pretty good, and I have a friend with a TJ with hella ecode housings and IPFs and theyre bright as hell and have a great pattern.

Those are nice. I have a friend with DOT hellas with silverstars and theyre pretty good, and I have a friend with a TJ with hella ecode housings and IPFs and theyre bright as hell and have a great pattern.

Finally I'll be able to compare Hella, IPF, and Autopal. Although the IPFs in my Miata are round so they may not be equivalent.

I think what I will do is connect each of them to a car jump starting pack so wiring is consistent, and take pics of all the beams with the same bulb.

Just a heads up - you won't be getting a really good idea of which is best with a car jump starting pack unless you have it charging while you do the test, because it won't be outputting the same 13.8 to 14.5 volts your XJ's system puts out while driving.

Just a heads up - you won't be getting a really good idea of which is best with a car jump starting pack unless you have it charging while you do the test, because it won't be outputting the same 13.8 to 14.5 volts your XJ's system puts out while driving.

Well in that case I'll use the harness on the XJ

I just ordered this one, we'll see how it is...

http://www.suvlights.com/product_info.php?products_id=112

Hmmmm, on their website it says:

"The Heavy Duty models are 14 gauge and use 2 relays (each relay can handle 260 watts) while the Super Heavy Duty model uses 4 relays."

Yet I see no where on the site to specify which one you want. I only see different choices for different bulb types.

Also, I contacted Daniel Stern about purchasing a wiring adapter kit from him and he seems to be giving me the run around as well....

He wants to know what brand housing I'm using. I told him the Hellas. Then he wants to know why, then he wants to know what state I'm in..... On and on.... What difference does it make if it's only the wiring upgrade kit?

He does seem like an expert on the subject, but he's not in much of a huury to make a sale...

Hmmmm, on their website it says:

"The Heavy Duty models are 14 gauge and use 2 relays (each relay can handle 260 watts) while the Super Heavy Duty model uses 4 relays."

Yet I see no where on the site to specify which one you want. I only see different choices for different bulb types.

The super heavy duty model that uses 4 relays is for setups with dual batteries.

2 relays (hi and low beam) is by far sufficient for our application.

I got my 70/65W Osram bulbs and put the one in the Autopal housing and left the other alone to compare. The light output looks almost the same as the 60/55W Autopal bulb...

Can you tell the difference?

comparo55w_vs_65w.jpg

I got my Hella lamps. They have the metal cup inside though, that goes in front of the bulb. I remember reading about them but I can't remember what the purpose is. Are they to make the bulbs conform with US regulations by scattering more light willy nilly, or are they to protect other drivers from glare?

That's to protect other drivers from glare I would think. Keeps them from being exposed to the undirected light coming directly from the filament, results in all the light bouncing off the parabolic/hyperbolic/whatever other funky shape reflector and to the spot it's supposed to go.

That's to protect other drivers from glare I would think. Keeps them from being exposed to the undirected light coming directly from the filament, results in all the light bouncing off the parabolic/hyperbolic/whatever other funky shape reflector and to the spot it's supposed to go.

I didn't think that was a problem, since the front of the bulb is coated. But really, at any angle other than straight ahead you'd get glare, so the buckets do protect against that.

I installed them, and the light pattern looks pretty much the same as the Autopals!! The housing looks nicer though, and the rubber boot is better.

I got my Hella lamps. They have the metal cup inside though, that goes in front of the bulb. I remember reading about them but I can't remember what the purpose is. Are they to make the bulbs conform with US regulations by scattering more light willy nilly, or are they to protect other drivers from glare?

Where did you get yours? I just ordered a pair from Amazon with the 55/100 watt bulbs. $110.00 shipped.

I also ordered the harness kit from Daniel Stern.

I can't wait to get this done, my headlights suck......

Back