• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

e-cigs?

I read this article on a study that was performed that suggested that addiction to cigs was more psychological and less physiological.

I have been smoking for about 15 years and the new wife while pregnant couldnt stand the smell. So I figured I would give it a try. There are tons out there and I got the cheapest POS one I could find to see if it was worth getting something better. And guess what? It worked for me. So I spent a little more money and got a much nicer one been smoking it for a couple of months now and not only can I smell and taste better, and breathe better, but I am saving TONS of money to spend on Jeep parts (well thats the way it was supposed to go but with two kids and a wife never seems to work that way lol) Anyways if you are interested let me know as I have tried quite a few and also various brands of fluid. I had no interest in quiting so I just switched to this stuff. Works awesome for me.

haha it doesn't get to me Joe, I just think its a bit trivial for people to say things like "just stop".

It might sound trivial, but it IS possible. I wasn't trying to put anyone down, I was just sharing my experience that you'll only quit if you REALLY want to quit. It doesn't mean that the first few weeks/months won't suck, or that you'll rip peoples heads off and be a super grumpy ass, but eventually the cravings DO go away. I only regret that I didn't make the decision 19 years earlier than I did. It probably would have been a lot easier. YMMV

I never said it wasn't possible, I quit drinking after putting away 18+ beers every single night for 12 years by just stopping. I quit smoking for 2 years and never felt like having another one - until I went back to school, heh. The problem for me is I like to smoke, but when I can't it's not like I start freaking out. I'll go a couple days sometimes without even thinking about it. I only smoke 3 or 4 a day though, especially since I don't drink anymore.

A friend of mine had some and he upgraded and let me borrow his old one for a while.They are a little harsh to get yse to but i used it for a while and the juice comes in high,med.,and low dose's of nicotine and i went for med. to low and now i back to smoking reg cigs but from a pack a day to 4-5 and 1 dip of snuff at work a day.

the only time I "quit" was in boot camp.

Funny, my dad started in boot camp. Apparently back in boot for Vietnam the only way you got a break was if you needed a smoke break, so lots of people took it up just to have a few minutes to relax.

He quit a a few times, never stuck until he lost his brother to throat cancer from smoking back in 05.

Well the e-cig works very well, The one mistake I made was ordering 6 flavors of tabacco, and a few tiny bottles of watermelon, and peach. The tabacco ones taste gross to me and dont want anything to do with them, I did enjoy the watermelon, until it ran out. So I broke down and bought some smokes until my next order arrives. Went almost two weeks without a smoke, and was able to feel the full affects of not smoking! Taste, smell and could breathe! There was even some heavy drinking nights in there where the e-cig carried me through!

Back