• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Dumb question

Sarge said:
Riverfever, you live anywhere near Bevo? Or actually closer to downtown? I do a lot of jobs down in those areas and see that sort of stuff. Talking to them usually doesn't work. Most speak very little english and don't care what you think anyway. Cops tend to avoid the areas as well so not much help there. I've almost been robbed twice in the Bevo area but most folks back off after having a sewer cable covered in nastys pointed at them while it's spinning. Our company also tells us wto stay out of certain zip codes after dark (63102 and 63103 for us).

Sarge

That's funny...I live just south of Bevo. Yeah...I've talked to my neighbors but they speak very little English. You know the area I'm talking about.

I try to avoid the loud drinking neighbors b/c they are drunks. I'm sure I could go over with a 6 pack and buddy up but who wants to sit with someone that outta control? I'd love to sit on my porch and enjoy a micro-brew but usually the neighbors will stagger over and ask if they can have some. I work with the mentally retarded all day...it's nice to have some peace in the off time.

As far as the rest...the fact that they don't speak English is irrelevant. You shouldn't need to speak English to know that it's gay to come home at 2 a.m. with your stereo bumpin' and playin' gangsta rap. The real issue is that I've been here all my life and have nothing here but a girl and a job. The girl will come along and I can find some way to pay the bills.

riverfever said:
As far as the rest...the fact that they don't speak English is irrelevant. You shouldn't need to speak English to know that it's gay to come home at 2 a.m. with your stereo bumpin' and playin' gangsta rap. The real issue is that I've been here all my life and have nothing here but a girl and a job. The girl will come along and I can find some way to pay the bills.

"There goes the neighborhood" really hits home, huh?

Back