• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

DUAL BATTERYS?

Dual batteries are good for winching or any short heavy draw on the system.
An upgrade to the ALT MAY be need also but generally not necessary for this type of load. A fast idle mod has been gone over few time and can be helpful for shorting battery(s) recovery time.
For a on going drain that is even near or above the out put of the ALT. An upgrade to the ALT is called for. Dual batteries MAY help if the draw isn't for two long at a time. But (IMO) the ALT upgrade is the big fix for this type of load problem. The fast idle mod may help here if the load only exceeds the ALT output at idle and the fast idle will not create an unsafe condition.

outlander said:
More info on the isolator and LED switch used for your setup please.....Where did you get them at?

In dual off mode the aux battery isn't being charged?Is dual off the mode you run in under normal driving circumstances?

Isolator was purchased at WranglerNorthwest (http://www.wranglernw.com/).
Cables and battery tray were all custom as they weren't available 8-9 years ago when I did this.

Correct; In 'off mode', the second battery is totally removed from the circuit, so it's not being charged nor providing any current to the circuit. In charge mode (green LED), the 2nd battery is being charged only. In the duo mode (red LED) both batteries are charged and both are available to the circuit.

I always run in duo charge mode (green LED). This keeps the second battery fully charged and ready for use. I also occasionally run in duo mode and even swap the batteries occasionally.

Hope this helps

Back