• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Drop Brackets vs Long Arms

I know this is an old thread, but I just want to make sure I have this straight...

Im getting a set of RE Drop Brackets, and I currently have an RE 4.5in lift with Fixed Uppers and Fixed Superflex Lowers. I should be fine sticking with my current control arms, right? No real need to go with adj uppers or anything since I already have RE's Uppers?

btfury said:
Im getting a set of RE Drop Brackets, and I currently have an RE 4.5in lift with Fixed Uppers and Fixed Superflex Lowers. I should be fine sticking with my current control arms, right? No real need to go with adj uppers or anything since I already have RE's Uppers?

[FONT=&quot]With 4.5" of lift and DBs, you should be using stock length control arms.
The chart in Yucca Man’s write-up has a table of CA lengths for various lifts, with and without DBs. You might want to measure both of your CAs to see if they are within a usable length.
http://www.yuccaman.com/jeep/re_db.html

Once the suspension is dialed in, you are going to love the ride with DBs.[/FONT]

lazyxj said:
[FONT=&quot]With 4.5" of lift and DBs, you should be using stock length control arms.
The chart in Yucca Man’s write-up has a table of CA lengths for various lifts, with and without DBs. You might want to measure both of your CAs to see if they are within a usable length.
http://www.yuccaman.com/jeep/re_db.html

Once the suspension is dialed in, you are going to love the ride with DBs.[/FONT]

The RE ones will be .25" longer than stock - but equally so upper and lower. It will be fine.

A LOT of people run 4.5" with RE arms and drop brackets.

I spoke with TnT and they said you do get some noise from their LA kit due to the use of a heim type joint at the belly pan. Another thing about the LA decission is that there is no going back as the factory LCA brackets are cut off. I am going to do something soon as 4 1/2 lift on short arms is not fun at times.

I have DBs 6" the caster is off but I still run stock arms 33 12.5s 3.5" offset I do rub because the rim offset the DBs will compensate for up to 4.5" I bought the DBs new $189 w brackets from store.4wheelingplus.com great company to work with.

^ my head hurts....

I know this is an old thread, but I just want to make sure I have this straight...

Run what you have with the Drop Brackets. That's what I do and i works just fine.

i am running the db i thought about how i going to use my rig i live in colorado so i do alot more high mtn passes than rock crawling just think what you are going to do most with the rig and build accordingly.the brackets set my camber and caster perfect to spec i didn't need to shimm the lowers to get back to spec. i have six inch coils and i can flex them right out of the rig so they do flex pretty well

i am running the db i thought about how i going to use my rig i live in colorado so i do alot more high mtn passes than rock crawling just think what you are going to do most with the rig and build accordingly.the brackets set my camber and caster perfect to spec i didn't need to shimm the lowers to get back to spec. i have six inch coils and i can flex them right out of the rig so they do flex pretty well

English
Jules_Winnfield_by_nunofrias.jpg

Do you speak it?

Back