• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

driveshaft question

jeepxj21085

NAXJA Forum User
ok so a friend of mine put in his sye kit under his 2 door cherokee when he did his 9' longarm kit and instead of having a driveshaft made he used his front shaft and found another one in the junk yard anybody herd of this .....i got two diffrent size front drive shafts on is from my two door and another prom a parts truck its about 1.5 to 2in longer than my orignal

Search. Front driveshaft in the rear has been covered a jillion times, but I'm not sure I'd even consider using a front shaft at 9' (9 feet) much less 9" (9 inches) as that is going to be a considerable stretch for the slipjoint.

Custom shaft if you have to go that high is almost a certainty.

WTF - 9 inches on an XJ??

Jim www.yuccaman.com

jeepxj21085 said:
ok so a friend of mine put in his sye kit under his 2 door cherokee when he did his 9' longarm kit and instead of having a driveshaft made he used his front shaft and found another one in the junk yard anybody herd of this .....i got two diffrent size front drive shafts on is from my two door and another prom a parts truck its about 1.5 to 2in longer than my orignal

X2 do a quick search, but for 9' kit you are going to need much more then a stock front XJ shaft.

But if you were looking at a 9" kit then yes still I would go with a custom shaft, if the Stock XJ shaft did fit it would be extended too far.

Back