• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Driver window clicks at the top.

DesertXJ68 said:
I wonder how long these parts will be available? Seems to be a finite resource since theyre not built anymore. Should I wait to purchase or jump on it now while they are available?...decisions, decisions.

I don't know since it seems to be a common problem I am sure someone will still make them. I bought mine because I didn't want to wait for the thing to totally go out on me.

I to got my window regulator from team cherokee - saved around $150 by buying from them instead of the dealership. Also if you can start with the window about 1/4 of the way down but remember when you unbolt it from the regulator it will want to drop. Mine was all the way up because it was duct taped in place - my regulator had broken. But an easy job.

Charles
'99XJ

I havent done a search yet, but there should be a sticky with the common issues for the different year model's. Would be a great resource when searching for a Jeep. Decide what issues you can live with and buy that year. probably is a thread at least but was lazy and didnt want to search :wierd:. Hmmm...maybe I should start a "broken from the factory" thread.

Well mine was not "broken from the factory" - It is over 7 years old and had over 100k miles on it before the window regulator broke.

Charles
'99XJ

wcbuyer said:
Well mine was not "broken from the factory" - It is over 7 years old and had over 100k miles on it before the window regulator broke.

Charles
'99XJ

"Broken from the factory" was meant as a common problem.

Wouldn't yours be 8 years old?:spin1:

Mine is only 6 years old with 66,000 on it and it is broke.

wcbuyer said:

Charles
'99XJ

Maybe broke from the factory is too strong a term. I meant common issues that go wrong with Jeeps...Cherokees in particular of course. Power window issues, oil adapter issues, AC issues..I think you catch my drift. Our Pontiac has over 100K as well and it has never broke down(knock wood). Thats all I was saying.

Back