• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Downsizing Complete!

dudeinanxj

NAXJA Forum User
DSC03354Large.jpg

You have chosen...poorly...
Looked way better on 33s...
Cut and hammer the rear and trim the front and you were set.
Now...not so much...

ahhh don't listen to him it looks better with those wheels on it

bgcntry72 said:
You have chosen...poorly...
Looked way better on 33s...
Cut and hammer the rear and trim the front and you were set.
Now...not so much...

To each there own. I have my reasons for doing it though. They completely outweigh the "look" of the 33s.

BlkXJ21 said:
I agree, the 31's are better. Plus, no need to modify the panels (less work, more play!). Great choice, dude.

Thanks. I like the 31s better on the road and I was impressed with what you can do on 31s w/ open diffs.

Personally, 33s would need more work than just trimming and bumpstops for me to be satisfied with it onroad as DD.

XJ Stryker said:
Is the D-44 mounted. If so can you tell a difference from the 8.25. You got anymore pics of you wheeling it. I really do like the 31's I am sure that is what i will shop for on my wife's rig.
No, the D44 isn't under there.

Here's a couple more pics. No action shots of me unless bgwyllys61 took some. The maroon XJ is WMW0505.

DSC00017Large.jpg

DSC00014Large.jpg

DSC00023Large.jpg

DSC00026Large.jpg

DSC00027Large.jpg

DSC00009Large.jpg

XJ Stryker said:
Dude... Sweet.... Next run yall need to give me a call. The trails looked easy enough for my Jeep to start on. Where were yall at again. And how far is it from me.
This is done once a year on some private land as a fundraiser for the Zoe Volunteer Fire Dept. Yeah it looked easy, but there were some fairly difficult spots.

WMW0505 sustained some rocker damage from a big ass rock, I hit my GTS once, drug the rear diff. a couple of times, and added some minor rock rash to my drivers week old rear wheel.

DSC00028Large.jpg

XJ Stryker said:
Not too bad i could live with that. well if you can bring a friend next even if i cant take the waggie looks like it would be a nice shotgun trip.

I had a great time. My two year old loved it too. Hell, my wife really enjoyed herself as well. She did tell me that she would drive a Jeep, but only a resto'd Scrambler. I guess I know what project I'll be doing once I buy a house. :clap:

I'm am definately planning on going next year. I'll keep you in mind when the time rolls around.

if you guys wanna get out down there sometime let me know, i know some of the trails, and we can go explore.....
was the rim with the rock rash the drivers rear? got mine on the drivers rear, also got my rocker panel on that same rock that got ahold of willies rocker, just not as bad

i guess since its not a virgin body, the fun can realy begin now:party:

Back