• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Download all the MP3s you can stand..

SouthernXJ

NAXJA Forum User
There is a software out called StationRipper that can be found at www.stationripper.com I downloaded it yesterday and come this morning, I have 6 gigs (yes, GIGS) of MP3s. Not all of them are CD quality, but many are.

Apparently what happens is people create their own Shoutcast radio stations via the internet as well as companies like Virgin have internet radio stations. You run this software and it rips the songs down as you 'listen' to them and saves them as MP3s on your computer. Not all of them are the greatest quality but if you find a dozen stations that you can rely on, you can get a ton of quality MP3s. Not to mention, if your just listening to them mostly at the computer while working, like me, then they make do just fine.

Just install the software (less than a meg) find a station you like the look of and boom.

Let me know if you need a hand.

Not any audio, it's all the streams at www.shoutcast.com

You run the software, the shoutcast window pops up with the stations listed, you click the 'tune in' icon, it places it in the list of 'my stations' below and it starts ripping. Best thing of all, it creates a folder called the name of that station and names each song and places them inside that folder. It's kinda rough in that it may cut off the first two seconds or last two of a song here and there, but for free, you cant beat it. You can also search for certain bands that may be playing or by types of music. (Ska, punk, rock, R&B, etc)

You can also click on a lot of streams at once. I have about 12 going at the same time and it places them all in their own folders. Not all stations brodcast at great quality, so when you find one that's good, keep it in your list. But, given that in probably 15 hours I pulled down 4 gigs of stuff, I can accept some radioish qualities on some files.

Got ya beat....over 27 gigs of 128k(min quality) mp3's. And that's just on ONE folder! hahaha. I d/l gigs at a time. The only person that has more music than me is my bro. He's filled all his HD's over 5 times. I don't keep any song that's not at least 128k quality, plus I won't d/l any country, which is why my library is so small. He has everything from 50's to jazz to country to techno......

Back