• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Double Cardan coversion question

Gojeep

NAXJA Forum User
Ok this is a little different from most.
I have a friend who had a RE hack & tap fitted but the driveshaft supplied by the distributor here, used single uni's at both ends. The problem is that he cannot get it to run without a TC drop which defeats the purpose! So how does he convert to a double cardan joint and what can be used from the old driveshaft? I know it will need to be shortened and have a place lined up to do that, but need the part numbers of the parts needed for the conversion. This place has a fair list, http://www.rockforddriveline.com/1310pg4.htm but don't know which ones are needed. I don't think he can even use the flange yoke as it does not have the centring part. Maybe only the weld yoke that is welded to the driveshaft?
If someone would be so kind to supply the parts numbers so I can see if anyone stocks them here.
Looking at the RE site. It looks the same kit as the RE1801 as I think his is a 95 and has the red anodised part.

Last edited:
Back