• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Doran Bypass Closed

MJR said:
So you personally know for a fact that both are owned by the county? It actually appears that the Ghost Town is County and the OHV area is BLM land.

I thought that That the Knott foundation (knotts berry farm) actually owned the Goast town and all adjoining and incorporated land associated with it?

ROBERTK said:
I thought that That the Knott foundation (knotts berry farm) actually owned the Goast town and all adjoining and incorporated land associated with it?
they donated it all a while back to the county

MJR said:
So you personally know for a fact that both are owned by the county? It actually appears that the Ghost Town is County and the OHV area is BLM land.

It appears that it's on both

88trailcrawler said:
Anybody see an pics of the barricade...it might be makeable in comparison to the actual gate keeper.

That's what got us into this mess in the first place, bypassing signs and blockades...:nono:

karstic said:
Bullshit we're not talking about cattle here. We are talking about thinking, rational human beings who have conciously chosen to ignore the signs/rules.

Unfortunately their selfish actions have affected the rest of the off-road community.

LOL, too bad thinking human beings don't think all the time and just act like cattle :laugh3:

car-wreck.jpeg

Anybody know the current status of the by pass? We are thinking of a day run, would like to come down the Doran side but would hate to be forced into a gatekeeper decent or turn around at the end of the day.

I'd guess that if the bypass has been closed for a few years that gate keeper has been stacked and at least makable coming down

From what I can gather the bypass is open. Hit Doran first thing to see if it is open. Plan from there.

I've been up and down that thing lots of times, in several vehicles. It's all about the line. I've made it in my Full Size Cherokee on 32's (wheelbase helped there), my CJ on 33's and 35's, and my TJ on 35's narrow, 35's on Full widths, and 38.5's on full widths. Last time there was no challenge. That was one one the reasons I dumped the TJ.

I once watched a guy in a YJ on 31's and open axles go up AND down that thing. That was several years ago, however, and it is MUCH more dug out now that it used to be.

I go to Calico a couple times a year, and I've never seen the bypass closed.

It's all about the line on Gatekeeper, but it does keep getting more dug out.

I remember when I made it, people hated that song lol.

KH
I have yet to hear a sound track or see a video that you've done that was even remotely hateworthy. I love the offroad videos you post!

Back