• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Doorless mod/removable doors

OKAY her we go we will star in the garage and end with new tube doors.

Pat-CentraliaCollege008.jpg

Had no trouble with the T-40 torx bolts...
Pat-CentraliaCollege017.jpg

Pat-CentraliaCollege019.jpg

Hinges cut ready for installation
Pat-CentraliaCollege020.jpg

Pat-CentraliaCollege022.jpg

Pat-CentraliaCollege013.jpg

Doorless :thumbsup:

Now for the tube doors (don't mind the poser flex) :O
Pat-CentraliaCollege024.jpg

Pat-CentraliaCollege029.jpg

Pat-CentraliaCollege028.jpg

This was truly easier done than said was a piece of cake....

-PJ-

If any of you have done descent doorless mod research you would know this, I just didnt want door fitment to become a problem so I didnt wheel it with the doors off. Id like to get some frame stiffeners in there, then i might be more apt to wheel it doorless.

I have, Ive wheeled without doors, and have had no problems. Sorry, every wheeler is different.

And you're a bit late on the response.

Nice thead fellas. Definately a worthwhile mod, did mine 8 yrs back, 89' 4d, sold the rig but kept the doors. Have since modded my daughters 93' 4d, fun factor, 8+, visability improement, 10. My first set was just straight tube, did'nt yet have a bender, very back woods, welded to fit. The second set, much nicer, 1.5 x .125, Pro Tools 150 bender, fully adjustable. That little hinge insert is a pain on the '93, was'nt there on the '89

Nice thead fellas. Definately a worthwhile mod, did mine 8 yrs back, 89' 4d, sold the rig but kept the doors. Have since modded my daughters 93' 4d, fun factor, 8+, visability improement, 10. My first set was just straight tube, did'nt yet have a bender, very back woods, welded to fit. The second set, much nicer, 1.5 x .125, Pro Tools 150 bender, fully adjustable. That little hinge insert is a pain on the '93, was'nt there on the '89

Thanks.
As you said the first set is kinda sketchy just a rough out for a usable set of doors. But as the weather is getting nicer here in the Pacific NW it is a pleasure to run door less down the road.

-PJ-

I haven't had my doors off in over a year. My wife didn't want them to come off with a 1mth old in the back seat. This year my daughter will be 1 so they are coming off again. And this time I will be cutting the hinge.:gag:

Parakeet

I haven't had my doors off in over a year. My wife didn't want them to come off with a 1mth old in the back seat.

If your doors are the only thing keeping your one-month-old in the jeep, you're doing it wrong.

Robert

i just did the mod last night. looka awesome hopefully im gunna add my 3 in lift i got from a friend.. that plus my 2in bb i got will make the heep look awesome

OK so now the question.

First I see this is an OLD thread, but what the heck.

I plan on leaving my back doors on because I have kids, but how well does the heat keep up in the winter with fronts tubed?

in all honesty, it doesn't even come close to "keeping up."

all it takes is the slightest crosswind and you're right back to outdoor temp. That said, it's still warmer than the motorcycle:rof:

Think "layering" for clothes if you want to leave the doors off.
Wind proof outer, warm inner - you'll be no worse off than the average hiker caught in a mountain storm :)

Uh, put your doors back on in the winter! :D

great write guys i have been thinkin about going doorless since i have gotten my jeep and i never realized how easy it was.

my only problem is with the door jambs switchs i dont want to totally disconnect them but some how just turn them off when the doors are off any suggestions?

nice find thanks for the tip i was also thinkin maybe hook up a toggle switch to the door jambs that way you could kill the power to the switch itself when the doors are off and turn them back on when the doors are on do you think that could possibly work

How is it daily driving without doors?

I just removed my carpet today because of a massive puddle in the passenger side, and don't know if I'll be putting it back in or lining the inside..the extra heat will be nice in the winter (no A/C or heat) and I figure taking off the doors in the summer will solve the heat then.

How sturdy is the door once put back on with the "removable" mod? During winter and really, most of the year, I would have the doors on and don't want them to be all floppy and not close tightly and cause more leaks than I already have.

Back