• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Doorless mod/removable doors

Just a little note. IDK if its only ont he renix, but on some cherokees the door jamb sensor can just be unscrewed and disconnected. I did it for my 2 fronts and it hasnt given me problems since when I take the doors off. I can get pics of what Im talking about if needed.

Just finished up this mod on my 91 two door. . Looks fantastic , however has anyone else ran into not being able to put doors back on. Without beating the heck out of the fenders? My doors don't seem to want to go on so easy. :huh:

This was the most recent thread you could find on door removal??

You have something misaligned if you are hitting the fender when putting your door on. How did you modify the door hinge?

There is a square facing on the old style hinge, you have to get that face lined up or the door won't drop down. You can see it in this pic

Pat-CentraliaCollege020.jpg

Last edited:
anyone that has done this, when the doors are on, do they rattle at all? I had a ford ranger that the door pin bushings were shot and the doors rattled a bit going over bumps. Anyone ever have this with this mod?

First you'd need to know what year. 97+ and some 96s have different hinges. I used 3/8 bolts and drilled my body side hinge to half inch and inserted McMaster Carr brass bushings. Perfect fitment no sag rattle or problems putting on or taking off

First you'd need to know what year. 97+ and some 96s have different hinges. I used 3/8 bolts and drilled my body side hinge to half inch and inserted McMaster Carr brass bushings. Perfect fitment no sag rattle or problems putting on or taking off

Actually it's 97.5'+ that had the newer model style hinges, 97.5' and down had the more solid early style hinge like what eHall showed. I do know the early early style hinges had hollow pins instead of solid but I don't know what years

Back