• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Doorless II

I need to get some of those bushings. My stock ones are completely worn out and my door is starting to sag to the point of leaking in the rain. Do the bushings stay in the jeep side of the hinge and don't fall out when you are fooling with the doors?

link to those bushings? i couldnt find them on the carr website. I just did mine yesterday. I was thinking about not cutting the bottom portion of the hinge off and just sliding a pin in each time but they are a little hard to get on with the bottom part of the hinge on so i will probably end up doing this.

yeah you gotta use a socket and unscrew it then just unplug
You can also just unplug it under the trim piece, that's always been easier in my experience.

OP: anyway we could get these pics reworked so they appear again?!?!!

-thanks
Brian

would love to know where to find some door bushings!!!

Help section doesnt have the right size:(

^^^ What thread?

^^^ What thread?

They are a bronze bushing by McMaster Carr (P/N 6338K453) that is 5/16" ID and 7/16" ID so that a 5/16" hinge pin fits PERFECT. They are on the body hinge when you remove the doors. The seats are stock Agate cloth seats from a 2000 Classic.

Material
Bronze
Bronze Type
SAE 841 Bronze
Type
Flanged Sleeve Bearings
For Shaft Diameter
5/16"
Shaft Diameter Tolerance
+0.0010" to +0.0020"
Outside Diameter
7/16"
Outside Diameter Tolerance
+0.0020" to +0.0030"
Flange Outside Diameter
9/16"
Flange Thickness
1/16"
Length
3/8"
Length Tolerance
±0.005"
Load (P Max)
Speed (V Max)
Load at Speed (PV Max)
Temperature Range
+10° to +220° F
Specifications Met
Not Rated

flangedsleevecollage.gif
:confused1:viking:

thank you!!! can you buy them direct, or where is a good source for them?

i just ordered through them, as searches on altavista yieled no results.
Ordering through them was pretty old school.. hope all goes ok..lol
but hey, they are on 71cents a piece.

Thanks!!!!

Back